Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VMware ESX 3.5
Operating Systems Solaris VMware ESX 3.5 Post 302395080 by honglus on Sunday 14th of February 2010 11:45:00 PM
Old 02-15-2010
set up 2 virtual switch in ESX sever.
switch #1 linked to physical NIC,for public external access
switch #2 no physical NIC linked. for inter-vms communication.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. BSD

import freeBSD into VMWARE (ESX 3.5)

hi howto import physical freeBSD 7.0 into VMWARE (ESX 3.5) as a guest/virtual server ? can I use VMware Converter ? greetings ccc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Minicom with VMWare ESX Server

Hello! I have an ESX Server up and running. Now I want to connect a serial device to the COM Port. For that I need the minicom program. When I try "configure - make - make all" I get some errors. Can someone please explain to me, what the problems are: # ./configure checking for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kickbit
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 Cluster on VMware ESX 3.5

Hello everybody, I'm trying to create a S10 cluster on ESX 3.5 servers but I have several problems. I use AMD Athtlon x64 CPU's on ESX servers and Solaris 10 U8 at my guest servers.. First and the most important problem, I dont know how to attach a RDM disk to Solaris 10. (Is it correct,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shadowfaxxxx
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for VMWare ESX

Hi I would make a script for my ESX server. Unfortunately I'm beginner in shell scripting. I will do the following: # With the command vmware-cmd -l I can do a listing like this File1.vmx File2.vmx File3.vmx File4.vmx File5.vmx # Now with every single line of this output I will... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathy
2 Replies

5. SuSE

SuSE 10 32bit Hardware interupts on VMWare ESX 4i

Hi! Does anyone know how a high percentage of Hardware Interrupts does affect a Linux system? any why does it generate hardware interrupts? The affected system is a SuSE 10.2 32bit running 2.6.16.60-0.33-vmi #1 SMP Fri Oct 31 14:24:07 UTC 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux procinfo shows that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
2 Replies

6. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

solaris virtual machine vmware esx

Hi All How would you send a solaris virtual machine in vmware esx, a break signal? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakerock
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)