Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting fixed length text file padding issues in AIX Post 302395041 by methyl on Sunday 14th of February 2010 12:22:05 PM
Old 02-14-2010
Needs double quotes round $LINE in both places it is mentioned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

creating a fixed length output from a variable length input

Is there a command that sets a variable length? I have a input of a variable length field but my output for that field needs to be set to 32 char. Is there such a command? I am on a sun box running ksh Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1500
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert XML file into Text file(fixed length)

If someone out there could help me out with this problem. I would really appreciate it. I am trying to convert xml into text file(fixed length) using Unix Borne shell scripts. My xml file: <root> <header_rec recordtype="00"> <record_id>00</record_id> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram2s2001
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What the command to find out the record length of a fixed length file?

I want to find out the record length of a fixed length file? I forgot the command. Any body know? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tranq01
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert a tab delimited/variable length file to fixed length file

Hi, all. I need to convert a file tab delimited/variable length file in AIX to a fixed lenght file delimited by spaces. This is the input file: 10200002<tab>US$ COM<tab>16/12/2008<tab>2,3775<tab>2,3783 19300978<tab>EURO<tab>16/12/2008<tab>3,28523<tab>3,28657 And this is the expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Everton_Silveir
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a sort solution for fixed length file

I have a 1250 byte record that I need to sort in column 10-19 and in column 301. I have tried the sort command, but it looks like it needs delimiters to work. The record can have spaces in a lot of its 1250 columns, but 10-19, and 301 are guaranteed. These columns are numeric too. A sample... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mb1201
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing a variable length text to a fixed length

Hi, Can anyone help with a effective solution ? I need to change a variable length text field (between 1 - 18 characters) to a fixed length text of 18 characters with the unused portion, at the end, filled with spaces. The text field is actually field 10 of a .csv file however I could cut... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dc18
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Date in a fixed length file

Hello All, I working on ksh. I am using fixed length file. My file is like: ======== IXTTIV110827 NANTH AM IKSHIT ABCDEF 0617 IJAY NAND EENIG ZXYWVU 0912 AP OOK OONG PQRSTU100923 NASA DISH TTY ASDFG 0223 GHU UMA LAM QWERT 0111 ATHE SH THEW ======= From 7th to 12 is a date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnanthaDikshit
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting fixed length number from a text file

Hi, I have a text file with sample records as CASE ID: 20170218881083 Original presentment record for ARN not found for Re-presentment I want to extract the 23 digit number from this file. I thought of using grep but initially couldn't extract the required number. However, after... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsid
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate fixed length txt file

hi, i am using below query to generate the fixed length txt file. this sql is being called from shell script. This is supposed to be a fixed record file with the below definitions. There must be 2 byte filler after the CAT_ID AND each line should have total of 270 bytes. field ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itzkashi
1 Replies
ttk::labelframe(n)						 Tk Themed Widget						ttk::labelframe(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk::labelframe - Container widget with optional label SYNOPSIS
ttk::labelframe pathName ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
A ttk::labelframe widget is a container used to group other widgets together. It has an optional label, which may be a plain text string or another widget. STANDARD OPTIONS
-class -cursor -takefocus -style See the ttk_widget manual entry for details on the standard options. WIDGET-SPECIFIC OPTIONS [-labelanchor labelAnchor] Specifies where to place the label. Allowed values are (clockwise from the top upper left corner): nw, n, ne, en, e, es, se, s,sw, ws, w and wn. The default value is theme-dependent. [-text text] Specifies the text of the label. [-under- line underline] If set, specifies the integer index (0-based) of a character to underline in the text string. The underlined character is used for mnemonic activation. Mnemonic activation for a ttk::labelframe sets the keyboard focus to the first child of the ttk::labelframe widget. [-padding padding] Additional padding to include inside the border. [-labelwidget labelWidget] The name of a widget to use for the label. If set, overrides the -text option. The -labelwidget must be a child of the labelframe widget or one of the labelframe's ancestors, and must belong to the same top-level widget as the labelframe. [-width width] If specified, the widget's requested width in pixels. [-height height] If specified, the widget's requested height in pixels. (See ttk::frame(n) for further notes on -width and -height). WIDGET COMMAND
Supports the standard widget commands configure, cget, identify, instate, and state; see ttk::widget(n). SEE ALSO
ttk::widget(n), ttk::frame(n), labelframe(n) KEYWORDS
widget, frame, container, label, groupbox Tk 8.5 ttk::labelframe(n)