Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu I can't make my pc speakers beep Post 302395025 by Neo on Sunday 14th of February 2010 11:29:04 AM
Old 02-14-2010
... sorry for the obvious....

Play an audio file (mp3) that is your favorite "beep" and direct the output to the sound card pushing the PC speakers ....

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no beep in shell??

hiho, who has an idea how i can tell my shell that it should not beep on errors or when i'm using the TAB in bash to complete noone needs to know when i make mistakes ;-) solaris 9 (SPARC) bash 2.05 thx a lot Preßy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

Turn off awful beep

. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Driver
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to shut off beep

I need to know how to turn off the beep in my unix environment. I tried with the Common Desktop Environment on solaris but it didn't work. I used to know the environment variable to set but I have forgotten it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpedicone
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I make 'tail -f' beep?

Hi, I'm moniroting numerous logs in my new job (tail -f JOE.log | grep ALERT) and I want to be able to make the Terminal BEEP when ever something comes up. Is this something I can do easily? Any help with the above (or an alternative) would be appreciated, so I can stop staring at the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_big_v
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using gzip and my speakers have gone mad!

Hello, I wanted to compress a directory which I did with: tar -czvf backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007/ I knew that you could specify the compression level with gzip so I then did: gzip -cvf9 backup15062007.tar.gz backup15062007compress.tar.gz Now I know this probably won't... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patwa
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Speakers not working....

Hi, i recently installed realtek sound driver software in my system, but after installing it,the speakers are not working.... I'm using fedora 13(x86_64). i just want to make my system speak,like before.... how to make my speakers work ? Anyone please reply.... its really annoying to work... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeeprajkumar
16 Replies

7. Slackware

System audible beep

I have tried everything with sounds on Slackware and after over a decade am at the end of it. I have uncommented /sbin/modprobe pcspkr in rc.modules. I have commented blacklist pcspkr in /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf I have set bell-style audible in /etc/inputrc and I still can't get echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
3 Replies
esdcat(1)							   User Commands							 esdcat(1)

NAME
esdcat - play a sound file from stdin SYNOPSIS
esdcat [-s hostname:port] [-b] [-h] [-m] [-r freq] DESCRIPTION
The esdcat application pipes data from stdin to the sound device, using the Enlightened Sound Daemon (esd). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s hostname:portContact the esd server on hostname at port. -b Specify that the output should be in 8-bit format. By default, the output is in 16-bit format. -h Display help text, and exit. -m Specify that the output should be in mono format. By default, the output is in stereo format. -r freq Specify that the output rate should be set to freq. By default, the output rate is set to 44.1 kHz. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Playing a sound file "beep" from stdin example% esdcat < beep EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/esdcat Executable for Enlightened Sound Daemon sound piper ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-audio | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
esdplay(1), esdrec(1), esdsample(1), esdmon(1), esdctl(1), esd-config(1), libesd(3) NOTES
Written by Brian Cameron, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 7 Jan 2003 esdcat(1)