Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming How to set DNS lookup type for getaddrinfo()? Post 302395004 by fpmurphy on Sunday 14th of February 2010 10:33:48 AM
Old 02-14-2010
You cannot use getaddrinfo() to look up MX records. By design, it only queries A (or AAAA if configured) records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DNS set-up

Were able to set-up and configure Web,File and DHCP Services except for the DNS set-up. Isn't it that to set up dns, we have to use BIND? In Web Services, we were able to view the default page using the servers IP address, our client wants to view it using or typing the address for example... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: carljo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[DNS] Reverse Lookup for 2 IP Addresses

Originally I had the server at home and on Comcast so I used dyndns.org for DNS. Once the server got a bit more popular, I leased a server at a colo facility. They set up the server name in their DNS so I didn't really have any reason to manage my own DNS. DynDNS was managing the domains and I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BOFH
7 Replies

3. Solaris

Which lookup tool query both hosts and DNS server?

As i understand, host/nslookup/dig only query DNS server to resolve name to ip. ping can query both, but it seems if ping is blocked, ping won't return IP. traceroute can query both, but i am not able to test if traceroute is blocked, What is the result? Neither ping/traceroute is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
3 Replies

4. AIX

prevent sendmail do DNS lookup

Hello! How do I prevent AIX sendmail from doing a DNS lookup prior sending the mail? (we still need to have the DNS resolving on AIX level). We are running AIX 6.1 and 5.3. //sap4ever (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
1 Replies

5. Programming

getaddrinfo error:service name not available for the specified socket type

I use Solaris 10,and I use getaddrinfo in my code,like follows: struct addrinfo *ailist,hint; if(argc!=2) err_quit("usage: ruptime hostname"); hint.ai_flags=0; hint.ai_family=0; hint.ai_socktype=SOCK_STREAM; hint.ai_protocol=0; hint.ai_addrlen=0; hint.ai_canonname=NULL;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: konvalo
1 Replies

6. Solaris

DNS Lookup failure:

I am facing typical problem with apache as proxy. my solaris box was running with apache1.3, due to security issue i have updated to apache 2.2. I don't have any DNS set up onmy network. I was able to connect to internet apache 1.3 working as proxy server. http and https are working fine. when... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sns_sns
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns at same time

Is there a command that can lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at the same. I know ifconfig can lookup ip address and subnet mask. I know route -n can lookup gateway. Not sure about a dns command. So I hope there is a way to lookup ip address, subnet mask, gateway, and dns all at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

HOWTO: Linux multihomed dns client - reverse lookup

The following thread is closed: 133552-howto-linux-multihomed-dns-client (Sorry I am not allowed to post URLs) Therefore I write this append in an own thread. The HOWTO in the referenced thread helped me a lot and I only want to append how to make reverse lookup working for a local zone: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scheruga
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

DNS reverse lookup issue

Hi guys. Ok so let me lay out my configs. I can do a NSlookup from client to server BUT NOT a reverse lookup. DNS server: Optimus.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.50 DNS Client: Megatron.jaydomain.com IP : 192.168.1.60 On Sever: # cat /etc/named.conf // // named.conf // // Provided... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
4 Replies

10. What is on Your Mind?

DNS Lookup Tool Using DIG

Hi. Having a bit of quick fun putting some networking tools online. Here is a DNS Lookup tool. It's basically the DIG command line tool wrapped in forum formatting. If you want more features, please post here. I'm doing to make a few more network tools like this and move on to other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
nl-pktloc-lookup(8)					      System Manager's Manual					       nl-pktloc-lookup(8)

NAME
nl-pktloc-lookup - Lookup packet location definitions SYNOPSIS
nl-pktloc-lookup name nl-pktloc-lookup --list DESCRIPTION
nl-pktloc-lookup searches the packet location database for a matching entry. It is used to resolve packet location aliases to their defini- tion, i.e. alignment, layer, offset, and mask. OPTIONS
-h or --help Print help text to console and exit. -v or --version Print versioning information to console and exit. -l or --list List all packet location definitions. --u32=VALUE Prints the packet location definition in a special format that is understood by iproute2's u32 selector parser. It will output a u32 selector which will compare the provided value with the value specified by the packet location. Please note that due to the limitation of u32, it is not possible to use packet locations based on the link layer. nl-pktloc-lookup will print an error message in this case. Example: selector=$(nl-pktloc-lookup --u32 22 tcp.sport) tc filter add [...] u32 match $(selector) flowid 1:2 FILES
/etc/libnl/pktloc AUTHOR
Thomas Graf is the original author and current maintainer of libnl and libnl tools. Many people have contributed to it since. libnl 27 October 2010 nl-pktloc-lookup(8)