Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparison of Cells in EXCEL using awk Post 302394968 by meva on Sunday 14th of February 2010 03:30:28 AM
Old 02-14-2010
Hi Franklin.....

This is working...Thanks a lot.....Smilie

But we still have a problem...File A looks like the one given below
Code:
A.CSV
"1","2009/1/12","DATA",+10.00
"2","2009/1/12","DATA",+11.00
"3","2009/1/12","DATA",+12.00
"4","2009/1/12","DATA",+13.00

and file B looks like this
Code:
B.CSV
1,"2009/1/12","DATA",+99.00
2,"2009/1/12","DATA",+11.00
3,"2009/1/12","DATA",+12.00
4,"2009/1/12","DATA",+13.00

so as a result of excuting the code we get the following output

Code:
NOT SAME,SAME,SAME,NOT SAME,
NOT SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,
NOT SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,
NOT SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,

But we expect the output to be

Code:
SAME,SAME,SAME,NOT SAME,
SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,
SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,
SAME,SAME,SAME,SAME,

Please help with your thoughts on how to get the expected result.

Thanks In Advance
Meva.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX -> send data as excel in seperate cells

Hi I have a data file in UNIX as follows. I need to send this file in Mail as excel format. but the problem i face is i get the data all in single cells per row. what can i do to get the data in seperate cells. File -> attachment.xls data data data data data1 data1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vj8436
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiple comparison in awk

I have an input file. Each line in it has several characters. If the first three characters of the line is '000' or '001' or '002' or '003', I need to print it in output. How can I do this in awk. I am able to do if the search string is only one (let us say 000). cat <filename> | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paruthiveeran
1 Replies

3. Programming

grouping and ungrouping of excel cells using java

Dear Folks, Is there anyone know how to do the group and ungroup cells feature of MS Excel through java. Please help. Please find the attachment.I want the code to do something like this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparison and editing of files using awk.(And also a possible bug in awk for loop?)

I have two files which I would like to compare and then manipulate in a way. File1: pictures.txt 1.1 1.3 dance.txt 1.2 1.4 treehouse.txt 1.3 1.5 File2: pictures.txt 1.5 ref2313 1.4 ref2345 1.3 ref5432 1.2 ref4244 dance.txt 1.6 ref2342 1.5 ref2352 1.4 ref0695 1.3 ref5738 1.2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxkid
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk comparison

Hello all, Probably a very simple question, I am stuck with a small part of a code: I am trying to do a comparison to get the maximum value of column 6 if columns 1, 4 and 5 of two or more rows match. Here is what I am doing: awk -F'\t' '{if ($6 > a)a=$6}END{for (i in a) print i"\t"a}' ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaysean
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two cells in excel via UNIX?

Hi UNIX Gods! Is it possible to merge two cells in .csv file using unix commands? Imagine that this is my present csv file opened via excel: Gate Reports| | fatal alerts | 200 | is is possible to make it look like this using unix? Gate Reports | fatal... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with simple comparison in AWK

Hi, I'm new to AWK and I'm having problems comparing a field to a string variable. /ARTIST/ {x = $2} $1 ~ x {print $0}My code tries to find a record with the string "ARTIST". Once it finds it, it stores the second field of the record into a variable. I don't know what the problem is for the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: klusps
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk comparison with two patterns

Here is my list, which contains URLs for file downloads: //servername.com/version/panasonic1,1_1.1.1 //servername.com/version/panasonic3,1_6.7.1 //servername.com/version/panasonic3,2_6.8 //servername.com/version/panasonic2,6_3.0.2 //servername.com/version/panasonic3,1_7.1.3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibanezpete
5 Replies

9. Programming

Perl script to merge cells in column1 which has same strings, for all sheets in a excel workbook

Perl script to merge cells ---------- Post updated at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 AM ---------- I am using below code to read files from a dir and print to excel. open(my $in, '<', $file) or die "Could not open file: $!"; my $rowCount = 0; my $colCount = 0;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jack_Bruce
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk replace cells with NaN/delete if condition

Hello, I will like to delete/replace $3 with NaN. condition $3>-2000 (file1.dat) to produce out.dat. I want to retain the structure of the table. I use this code, this output only $3. Any idea on how to modify this code. Thank you. awk -v OFS='' '{for(i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i > -2000 || $i ==" >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: geomarine
4 Replies
FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)					       AFS Command Reference					       FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)

NAME
fs_getcellstatus - Reports whether setuid programs are honored in a cell SYNOPSIS
fs getcellstatus -cell <cell name>+ [-help] fs getce -c <cell name>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs getcellstatus command reports whether the Cache Manager allows programs fetched from each specified cell to run with setuid permission. To set a cell's setuid status, use the fs setcell command; fs_setcell(1) fully describes how AFS treats setuid programs. OPTIONS
-cell <cell name>+ Names each cell for which to report setuid status. Provide the fully qualified domain name, or a shortened form that disambiguates it from the other cells listed in the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports one of the following two values as appropriate: Cell <cell> status: setuid allowed Cell <cell> status: no setuid allowed EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that programs from the cell "abc.com" are not allowed to run with setuid permission. % fs getcellstatus abc.com Cell abc.com status: no setuid allowed PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_setcell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)