Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Provide examples- 4 disks (3 way mirroring) Post 302394920 by incredible on Saturday 13th of February 2010 11:33:15 AM
Old 02-13-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeNuke2
maybe you can confess the client to use the 2 way mirror and have a cold standby disk which get updatet by script... or a zpool with a stanby disk...
Thank you for your suggestion.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirroring 2 disks with Solstice Disk Suite

hello everybody, I have a system in Solaris 8 with SDS 4.2.1 I need to mirror the system disk which has the following characteristics : * /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 partition map * * Dimensions: * 512 bytes/sector * 133 sectors/track * 27 tracks/cylinder * 3591 sectors/cylinder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to set up mirroring on OS disks.

Hi. I have a SLES10 machine which until recently had only one disk. Now there is a second disk which I would like to mirror my OS installation to. I have three partitions, first one for /boot (~100M), the second one for / (~1G) and then the rest as a LVM partition with several volumes under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sprellarinn
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Mirroring using non-identical disks

I've been testing mirroring root partitions for the past few days within a virtual environment and on an old ML350. However, the live system that this is practice for has two disks, and they're non-identical. I've done a bit of searching through the forum and see that a lot of people recommend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm69a
2 Replies

9. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
JIGDO-MIRROR(1) 														   JIGDO-MIRROR(1)

NAME
jigdo-mirror - Maintain a mirror of images offered with jigdo SYNOPSIS
jigdo-mirror [ config-file ] DESCRIPTION
See jigdo-file(1) for an introduction to Jigsaw Download. jigdo-mirror is a script intended for people who want to offer direct HTTP or FTP downloads of files for which only the jigdo and template files are available. As the first step of using jigdo-mirror, you need to set up normal HTTP/FTP/rsync mirroring both of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and of the parts that are needed for the reconstruction of the images. For example, in the case that you want to mirror Debian CD images with jigdo-mirror, you need a mirror of the `.jigdo'/`.template' files and a Debian mirror on the local machine. At regular intervals (preferably immediately after the normal mirroring has finished), schedule a run of jigdo-mirror. It will search through a given directory for any `.jigdo' files and attempt to create all images offered by each file. The script requires you to set a number of variables - please refer to the start of /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror for a description of each of them. Since /usr/bin/jigdo-mirror will be overwritten whenever you upgrade jigdo-mirror, it is highly recommended not to change the set- tings directly in this script. Instead, personal settings should be saved in a file called .jigdo-mirror in your home directory, or in a different file whose name is then passed to the script as its first (and only) command line argument. SEE ALSO
jigdo-file(1), jigdo-lite(1) CD images for Debian Linux can be downloaded with jigdo <URL:http://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/>. AUTHOR
Jigsaw Download <URL:http://atterer.net/jigdo/> was written by Richard Atterer <jigdo atterer.net>, to make downloading of CD ROM images for the Debian Linux distribution more convenient. 19 May 2006 JIGDO-MIRROR(1)