Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse file using awk and work in awk output Post 302394917 by danmero on Saturday 13th of February 2010 11:03:25 AM
Old 02-13-2010
Code:
awk -F'[_ }\/]' '/Number of Available TCHs/{print $16,$19,$22,$23,$24,$25,$26,$27,$28,$29,$30,$31}' OFS="," infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

To parse through the file and print output using awk or sed script

suppose if u have a file like that Hen ABCCSGSGSGJJJJK 15 Cock ABCCSGGGSGIJJJL 15 * * * * * * : * * * . * * * : Hen CFCDFCSDFCDERTF 30 Cock CHCDFCSDHCDEGFI 30 * . * * * * * * * : * * :* : : . The output shud be where there is : and . It shud... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - Parse a big file

INPUT SAMPLE Symmetrix ID : 000192601507 Masking View Name : TS00P22_13E_1 Last updated at : 05:10:18 AM on Tue Mar 22,2011 Initiator Group Name : 10000000c960b9cd Host Initiators { WWN : 10000000c960b9cd } Port Group Name :... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: greycells
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file with awk?

Hi guys (and gals). I need some help. I'm running an IVR purely on Asterisk where I capture the DTMFs. After pulsing each DTMF I have Asterisk write to a file with whatever was dialed (mostly used for record-keeping) and at the end of the survey I write all variables in a single line to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulf210
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse jil output

Hi , I have a jil file which i am trying to parse and print the job name and the condition corresponding to it. Below is the input file /* -------------------- testjob1 -------------------- */ insert_job: testjob1 job_type: c machine: unix owner: chidori condition: s(joba) and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse df output

Output of the below code includes unmatched date.Please correct it df -k|awk '$4>50 {print $1, "\t"$4,"\t" $7}' It gives output less than 50% also. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinil
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Parse File

Hi all, I have a file that contains a good hundred of these job definitions below: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticuss
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to parse html file

Is it possible in awk to parse a webpage (EDAR Gene Sequencing - Genetic Testing Company | The DNA Diagnostic Experts | GeneDx), the source code is attached. <title> EDAR Gene Sequencing <dt>Test Code:</dt> <dd>156 </dd> <dt>Turnaround Time:</dt> <dd>6-8 weeks </dd> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse this file using awk and output in CSV format?

My source file looks like this: Cust-Number = "101" Cust-Name="Joe" Cust-Town="London" Cust-hobby="tennis" Cust-purchase="200" Cust-Number = "102" Cust-Name="Mary" Cust-Town="Newyork" Cust-hobby="reading" Cust-purchase="125" Now I want to parse this file (leaving out hobby) and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balav
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parse output and then compare column wise with awk

Hello, I am trying to write a script to parse the output of data and then alert based on certain conditions This is the output of my script (STRING) Name = Joe (FLOAT64) BMI = 34 (FLOAT64) Weight = 156 (STRING) Name = Sam (FLOAT64) BMI = 32 (FLOAT64) Weight = 180 and so on it repeats... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sidnow
4 Replies
PYP(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PYP(1)

NAME
pyp - The Pyed Piper: A Modern Python Alternative to awk, sed and Other Unix Text Manipulation Utilities SYNOPSIS
pyp [options] files ... DESCRIPTION
pyp, the Pyed Piper, is a command line tool for text manipulation. It is similar to awk and sed in functionality, but its subcommands are Python based, and thus more familiar to many programmers. It can operate both on a per-line base and on the complete input stream. Different features can be pipelined in a single command by using the pipe character familiar from shell commands. pyp backs up its input for reruns with modified commands, and can save commands as macros. On the downside, the rerun feature makes it unsuitable for continuous pipe operation. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, use --manual. -h, --help Show this help message and exit. -m, --manual Prints out extended help. -l, --macro_list Lists all available macros. -s MACRO_SAVE_NAME, --macro_save=MACRO_SAVE_NAME Saves current command as macro. use "#" for adding comments EXAMPLE: pyp -s "great_macro # prints first letter" "p[1]". -f MACRO_FIND_NAME, --macro_find=MACRO_FIND_NAME Searches for macros with keyword or user name. -d MACRO_DELETE_NAME, --macro_delete=MACRO_DELETE_NAME Deletes specified public macro. -g, --macro_group Specify group macros for save and delete; default is user. -t TEXT_FILE, --text_file=TEXT_FILE Specify text file to load. For advanced users, you should typically cat a file into pyp. -x, --execute Execute all commands. -c, --turn_off_color Prints raw, uncolored output. -u, --unmodified_config Prints out generic PypCustom.py config file. -b BLANK_INPUTS, --blank_inputs=BLANK_INPUTS Generate this number of blank input lines; useful for generating numbered lists with variable 'n'. -n, --no_input Use with command that generates output with no input; same as --dummy_input 1. -k, --keep_false Print blank lines for lines that test as False. default is to filter out False lines from the output. -r, --rerun Rerun based on automatically cached data from the last run. Use this after executing "pyp", pasting input into the shell, and hitting CTRL-D. SEE ALSO
awk(1), grep(1), sed(1). AUTHOR
pyp was written by Toby Rosen <tobyrosen@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Khalid El Fathi <khalid@elfathi.fr>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). March 19, 2012 PYP(1)