Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run a script parallely with different arguments Post 302394865 by frans on Saturday 13th of February 2010 03:11:38 AM
Old 02-13-2010
Code:
script.sh argA &
script.sh argB &
script.sh argC &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help how replace stardard keyboard inputs by arguments at run time of a script

Hello Everybody, Please help. I was trying to automate the use of a third-party given shell script. The script is written to be used at run-time to collect a few variables to be provided by the user through key board, in the fashion as below: ./runcommand please provide a file name to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dingrong
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Threads/Tasks to run parallely using the shell script

Scenario: I have two PCs (named as A & B) which would send some traps to my third PC (named as C). In PC C, I have to write a shell script such that it should accept the datas from both the PC-A & B parallely. So my question is, is it possible to have two different child threads/tasks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nthiruvenkatam
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run perl script with multiple file arguments

Hello everyone, I have two types of files in a directory: *.txt *.info I have a perl script that uses these two files as arguments, and produces a result file: perl myScript.pl abc.txt abc.xml How can I run this script (in a "for" loop , looping through both types of files)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ad23
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare parallely

hi, i have folder backup and it contains 3 sub-directories , i want to compare /backup/1 with /recover/1 and /backup/2 with /recover/2 etc . parallelly with using shell scripting . pls help me thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

how to run more than two processes parallely

I would like to call a function called CIRCLE which is further beind called by other function but in a loop that CIRCLE fuction is being called. And this CIRCLE function starts another process which takes 3 hours to complete again, if i put that process in nohup &, I can go to the next command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venugopalsmartb
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

php file unable to run shell script with arguments

echo $result=exec("./permit.sh".$_FILES); pls suggest some other method to run shell script in php .:wall::mad: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing multiple run time arguments

the scenario is - If I pass 3 three arguments( run time) , it should list all .txt files from a path to temp file if I pass 2 arguments ( run time) , it should list all .csv files from the same path to another temp file the above scenario should be handled in single code and also I dont know ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prashanth B
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To run a local shell script in a remote machine by passing arguments to the local shell script

I need to run a local shell script on a remote machine. I am able to achieve that by executing the command > ssh -qtt user@host < test.sh However, when I try to pass arguments to test.sh it fails. Any pointers would be appreciated. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sree10
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run scripts parallely inside shell script?

Hi , I have 4 scripts example script1,script2,script3,script4 . I have to run script1,script2 and script3 parallely since this 3 scripts dont have dependencies . Once script1,script2 and script3 got completed successfully , I have to trigger script4. Can someone help me on this how to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple procedures from shell script parallely

Hi, I need to write a Shell Script wherein i will connect to a DB2 Database and run multiple DB procedures. I know how to do in a way where procedures will be called one after the other, like when first procedure finishes, second will be executed. But what i want is to run them at the same time... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
11 Replies
script(1)							   User Commands							 script(1)

NAME
script - make record of a terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [filename] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a record of everything printed on your screen. The record is written to filename. If no file name is given, the record is saved in the file typescript. See WARNINGS. The script command forks and creates a sub-shell, according to the value of $SHELL, and records the text from this session. The script ends when the forked shell exits or when Control-d is typed. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -a Appends the session record to filename, rather than overwriting it. NOTES
script places everything that appears on the screen in filename, including prompts. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |CSI |Enabled | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5) WARNINGS
script can pose a security risk when used in directories that are writable by other users (for example, /tmp), especially when run by a privileged user, that is, root. Be sure that typescript is not a link before running script. SunOS 5.11 30 Jan 2004 script(1)