Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Gnome in Solaris 9
Operating Systems Solaris Gnome in Solaris 9 Post 302394853 by incredible on Friday 12th of February 2010 11:38:08 PM
Old 02-13-2010
Are you able to reboot your system and try again before we proceed to check on the issue?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnome is gone crazzy:::>>>>>>>

I don't know how but my gnome desktop icons or all gone and i dont know how to make them apear on desktop can some one tell me what can i do? (linux mandrake 8) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user666
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gnome focus

Hello all, Is there a way to make sawfish window manager focus on a gui when you click it but not make it raise to the top? I know that motif and CDE (soalris) allow you to focus with out raising the windows. THANKS (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Gnome on Solaris 10

I have just installed Gnome on Solaris 10, I am wondering how to get it listed in the “session” selection box on the login screen, as it currently isn't. Any Ideas? :o (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dredz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris Express Slow to load Gnome

Hi, I recently installed the latest Solaris Express Developers Edition. I'm building a NAS and want to use RAID Z, and Solaris 10 didn't have the drivers for my HD controller card. Everything is up and running fine, but I notice it takes a good 8 minutes to load gnome (or X, not sure where it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ciscocbee
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to install gnome in solaris

How to install gnome in solaris 9 and 10, how to enable java environment in solaris 9 and 10. Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

6. Solaris

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10

I am not able to login in gnome session and java session in Sun solaris 9& 10 respectively through xmanager as a nis user, I am able to login in common desktop , but gnome session its not allowing , when I have given login credentials, its coming back to login screen, what shoul I do to allow nis... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Gnome Packages on Solaris 10 u6

If my system is supposed to be a pure oracle database server can i remove all the GNOME packages from the system ? Currently system is installed with Everything+OEM and i want the image to be as small as possible remove the unnecessary softwares from it so that its a master image for other servers.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disable Solaris Gnome 3 screen blanker

One of the more annoying features of the Gnome 3 desktop in Solaris 11 is its insistence on blanking the screen after five minutes of inactivity. And for the life of me I can't figure out how to make it top doing that. I'm running it in a VNC viewer so the host PC can take care of screen... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Michele31416
1 Replies
REBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 REBOOT(8)

NAME
halt, reboot -- stopping and restarting the system SYNOPSIS
halt [-lnqu] reboot [-lnq] DESCRIPTION
The halt and reboot utilities flush the file system cache to disk, send all running processes a SIGTERM (and subsequently a SIGKILL) and, respectively, halt or restart the system. The action is logged, including entering a shutdown record into the wtmp(5) file. When the system is halted with the halt command, the system is powered off. The options are as follows: -l The halt or reboot is not recorded in the system log. This option is intended for applications such as shutdown(8), that call reboot or halt and log this themselves. -n The file system cache is not flushed. This option should probably not be used. -q The system is halted or restarted quickly and ungracefully, and only the flushing of the file system cache is performed (if the -n option is not specified). This option should probably not be used. -u The system is halted up until the point of removing system power, but waits before removing power for 5 minutes so that an external UPS (uninterruptible power supply) can forcibly remove power. This simulates a dirty shutdown to permit a later automatic power on. OS X uses this mode automatically with supported UPSs in emergency shutdowns. Normally, the shutdown(8) utility is used when the system needs to be halted or restarted, giving users advance warning of their impending doom and cleanly terminating specific programs. SIGTERM TO SIGKILL INTERVAL
The SIGKILL will follow the SIGTERM by an intentionally indeterminate period of time. Programs are expected to take only enough time to flush all dirty data and exit. Developers are encouraged to file a bug with the OS vendor, should they encounter an issue with this func- tionality. SEE ALSO
wtmp(5), shutdown(8), sync(8) HISTORY
A reboot utility appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
June 9, 1993 BSD