Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Provide examples- 4 disks (3 way mirroring) Post 302394850 by incredible on Friday 12th of February 2010 11:14:54 PM
Old 02-13-2010
Oh ok. Thanks Duke. Btw, its client's requirement. Not my suggestion at all

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

looking for .profile examples

I'm looking for some 'well documented' .profile examples (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimC
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need examples?

Can someone give me an example of two shells? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wmosley2
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Mirroring 2 disks with Solstice Disk Suite

hello everybody, I have a system in Solaris 8 with SDS 4.2.1 I need to mirror the system disk which has the following characteristics : * /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s2 partition map * * Dimensions: * 512 bytes/sector * 133 sectors/track * 27 tracks/cylinder * 3591 sectors/cylinder... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

4. Linux

How to set up mirroring on OS disks.

Hi. I have a SLES10 machine which until recently had only one disk. Now there is a second disk which I would like to mirror my OS installation to. I have three partitions, first one for /boot (~100M), the second one for / (~1G) and then the rest as a LVM partition with several volumes under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sprellarinn
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SimpleAWK Examples

Can Anyone please give me some simple AWK Examples to clearly understand the usage and syntax of the command. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unxusr123
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Practice examples for beginners

Hi , I am new to shell scripting . I have been go through many sites and ready the material for shell scripting. But I am not getting complete examples for practice. Can any one suggest me any site that contains lots of ready examples for shell scripting ?? Regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Disk mismatch while trying to zfs mirroring non-root disks

Hello All, I am trying to mirror two non-root hard drives using zfs. But "fmthard" fails when I try to copy the vtoc due to disk mismatch. Please help me. --- iostat command shows the disk to be similiar --- format command shows disk to be different :confused: --- c1t2d0 is the active... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Mirroring using non-identical disks

I've been testing mirroring root partitions for the past few days within a virtual environment and on an old ML350. However, the live system that this is practice for has two disks, and they're non-identical. I've done a bit of searching through the forum and see that a lot of people recommend... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm69a
2 Replies

9. Programming

Examples, usage, help in C++ program

I have written a C++ program to perform raytracing and would want to write some functions to help the user: examples, usage, help I am wondering how this is done. Would I just put some functions in the main program? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need lot of examples

Hi, I need a word doc or pdf which contains lots of Shell Programming samples... This is for my open book examination, thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikeayan
2 Replies
tcpdchk(1)						      General Commands Manual							tcpdchk(1)

NAME
tcpdchk - check tcp wrapper configuration SYNOPSYS
inet_conf] DESCRIPTION
examines the tcp wrapper configuration and reports all potential and real problems it can encounter. The command examines the access con- trol files (by default, these are and and compares the entries in these files against entries in the configuration file. reports the following types of problems: non-existent pathnames, services that appear in access control rules but are not controlled by services that should not be wrapped, non-existent host names or non-internet address forms, occurrences of host aliases instead of official host names, hosts with a name/address conflict, inappropriate use of wildcard patterns, inappropriate use of NIS netgroups or references to non-existent NIS netgroups, references to non-existent options, invalid arguments to options. Wherever possible, provides a helpful suggestion to fix the problem. Options The following options are supported by If no options are specified, then it uses the default location of the files. Report access control rules that permit access without an explicit keyword. Examine the and files in the current directory instead of the default ones. Specify this option when is unable to find your configuration file, or when you suspect that is using the wrong file. inet_conf is the path name of the con- figuration file whose entries you want to examine. Display the contents of each access control rule. Daemon lists, client lists, shell commands and options are shown in a printable format. The display helps you find any discrepancies between what you want and what understands for the access control rules. AUTHOR
Wietse Venema (wietse@wzv.win.tue.nl), Department of Mathematics and Computing Science, Eindhoven University of Technology Den Dolech 2, P.O. Box 513, 5600 MB Eindhoven, The Netherlands FILES
The default locations of the access control tables are: (daemon, client) pairs that are granted access. (daemon, client) pairs that are denied access. SEE ALSO
tcpdmatch(1), explains what would do in specific cases. inetd.conf(4), format of the control file. hosts_access(5), format of the access control tables. hosts_options(5), format of the language extensions. tcpdchk(1)