Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: disable password expiry
Operating Systems Solaris disable password expiry Post 302394814 by hrist on Friday 12th of February 2010 04:12:55 PM
Old 02-12-2010
can you give the the steps on how to disable it?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password expiry

Hi, under SUN Unix, in which file the expiry date of a user password is indicated ? Many thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Emailing about password expiry for a user

How to create a mechanism that e-mails user/admin before password expiry. Assume 7 days in advance. Thanks in advance for your great help. Regards, Awadhesh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Root account - disable expiry

I couldnt find this in any other post - so hoping someone can help out. I want to set password expiry (or rather I have to) for a number of users on my solaris 9 system. I know i can set the following options in the /etc/default/passwd file to do it and then just type a passwd -f <username> to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

4. AIX

How to check password expiry in AIX?

Hi All, Could anyone please help me with the command or script for checking the password expiry for a particular userid on AIX. Regards, Sanjay...:) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayPasum
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Notification of password expiry.

Hi, Is there any way of sending an email to a number of users indicating that the passwords of user accounts will expire? Currently we have a test server with a number of oracle test accounts on it. Each of these accounts correspond to an instance of Oracle on the server. These... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
2 Replies

7. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

8. SuSE

Disable the password expiry date

Hi, We are going to create the new user, using that user we are automate the work, but every 90 days password get expired how can i create or avoid the expiry the password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

password expiry notification

Hi, Could someone please let me know how to write script for passwd expiry notification on salaries boxes. Regards Dnyan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dnyan
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password expiry report

Hi All, I want to write a script that will send the alert when linux server password expiry for user 'x' is less than 12 days. I have written the below script but this is not working for expiry date 04 july script;- P_EXPIRY_DATE=`chage -l msdp| grep 'Password expires' | awk ' {... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhigrkist
2 Replies
asadmin-disable(1AS)						   User Commands					      asadmin-disable(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-disable, disable - disables the component SYNOPSIS
disable --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive] component_name disable immediately disables the named component. The component must have been deployed. If the component has not been deployed, an error message is returned. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. OPERANDS
component_name name of the component to be disabled. Example 1: Using disable asadmin> disable sampleApp Command disable executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-deploy(1AS), asadmin-deploydir(1AS), asadmin-undeploy(1AS), asadmin-enable(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-disable(1AS)