Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Storage Migration on Solaris server Post 302394802 by jlliagre on Friday 12th of February 2010 03:33:07 PM
Old 02-12-2010
Here is a suggestion with a minimal downtime:
  • Shutdown the zones
  • Create a snapshot of the /Npbsunh2 filesystem. Depending on which filesystem type you use, this is done with one of "zfs snapshot pool/npbsunh@before" or "fssnap ..." or "mount -F vxfs -o snapof=/dev/... /dev/... /mnt".
  • Reboot the zones
  • Copy the snapshot to the new filesystem "cp -RP <snapshot> <new>"
  • Shutdown the zones
  • Unmount the old filesystem and mount the new filesystem instead
  • Reboot the zones

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage migration: zones and metasets

Hi all, I'm in a situation which i need to understand the best way of doing a migration of storage involved in a zone.Elements involved are solaris 10 (Generic_144488-08), metasets. I need to provision more storage to the said non-global zone and not aware of the "best practices" from the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Storage migration from VMAX to VNXHe

Hello, We are considering storage migration for RAC database servers(using ASM) from VMAX to VNX? Any good/bad pointers in this regards please. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
BTRFSCTL(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       BTRFSCTL(8)

NAME
btrfsctl - control a btrfs filesystem SYNOPSIS
btrfsctl [ -d file|directory ] [ -s snapshot-name directory ] [ -S subvolume-name directory ] [ -r [+-]size ] [ -A device ] [ -a ] [ -c ] DESCRIPTION
btrfsctl is used to control the filesystem and the files and directories stored. It is the tool to create a new snapshot for the filesys- tem. OPTIONS
-d file|directory Defragment a file or a directory. If the argument is a directory, the entire b-tree under the directory is defragged. -s snapshot-name directory Creates a new snapshot of the directory specified. -S subvolume-name directory Creates a new subvolume. -r [+|-]size Resizes the filesystem with the size specified. If the value is preceded with a signed symbol, the filesystem is resized with respect to the current filesystem size. size can be suffixed by k,m or g to represent kilobytes, megabytes, or gigabytes respec- tively. -A device Scans the device for btrfs filesystem. -a Scans all devices present in the system for btrfs filesystem. -c Forces a filesystem sync. AVAILABILITY
btrfsctl is part of btrfs-progs. Btrfs is currently under heavy development, and not suitable for any uses other than benchmarking and review. Please refer to the btrfs wiki http://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org for further details. SEE ALSO
mkfs.btrfs(8) BTRFSCTL(8)