Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script - Expression not complete more tokens expected Post 302394772 by cfajohnson on Friday 12th of February 2010 01:09:48 PM
Old 02-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by methyl
The variable name LINES is reserved. It's to do with the number of lines on a terminal screen.

Try changing the name of the variable.

And the variable TIME - also reserved.

TIME is not reserved, but it's not a good idea to use uppercase variable names as there is too great a risk of conflicting with variables set by the shell.

There are only two shell variables (in bash) which are not uppercase, auto_resume and histchars.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

: + : more tokens expected

Hello- Trying to add two numbers in a ksh shell scripts and i get this error every time I execute stat1_ex.ksh: + : more tokens expected stat1=`cat .stat1a.tmp | cut -f2 -d" "` stat2=`cat .stat2a.tmp | cut -f2 -d" "` j=$(($stat1 + $stat2)) # < Here a the like the errors out echo $j... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

2. Fedora

"integer expression expected" error with drive space monitoring script

Hi guys, I am still kinda new to Linux. Script template I found on the net and adapted for our environment: #!/bin/sh #set -x ADMIN="admin@mydomain.com" ALERT=10 df -H | grep -vE '^Filesystem|tmpfs|cdrom' | awk '{ print $5 " " $1 }' | while read output; do #echo $output ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

+: more tokens expected

Hey everyone, i needed some help with this one. We move into a new file system (which should be the same as the previous one, other than the name directory has changed) and the script worked fine in the old file system and not the new. I'm trying to add the results from one with another but i'm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senormarquez
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

:integer expression expected

Hi, echo $i until || do read NUM if && ; then printf "$FBOLD\nInvalid number, please enter valid backup number: $FREG" fi done Getting below error : ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: : integer expression expected ./import_location.sh: line 234: [: :... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

if script error: integer expression expected

Hi, i am making a simple program with a optional -t as the 3rd parameter. Submit course assignment -t dir In the script, i wrote: #!/bin/bash echo "this is course: ${1}" echo "this is assignment #: ${2}" echo "late? : ${3}" if then echo "this is late" fi but this gives me a :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: leonmerc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Integer expression expected error in script

When i run the following code i get an error that says Integer expression expected! How do i fix this? #!/bin/bash if ;then echo "wrong" exit 1 fi if ;then for i in /dev;do if ;then echo $i ls -l fi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotsos13
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX 6.1 Error: 0403-053 Expression is not complete; more tokens expected.

Hi I have been trying every possible solution available for this error on this Forum but could not resolve it. When i am running the below script i get this error.:mad: sh diskMonitor.sh diskMonitor.sh: -: 0403-053 Expression is not complete; more tokens expected. diskMonitor.sh: -:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinkatipn
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error -: more tokens expected in shell script

Hi can someone help me to resolve the error for this condition if ] && ]; then i am passing the values $k and $kkm i am getting the error like "-: more tokens expected" Thanks in Advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: makigate
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error in bash script; expr $a + 1: integer expression expected

Hi, I am new to shell/bash script. I am trying to run below script #!/bin/bash a=0 b=10 if then echo "a is equal to be" else echo "a is not equal to be" fi MAX=10 while do echo $a a='expr $a + 1' done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
1 Replies
curs_variables(3X)														curs_variables(3X)

NAME
COLORS, COLOR_PAIRS, COLS, ESCDELAY, LINES, TABSIZE, curscr, newscr, stdscr - curses global variables SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int COLOR_PAIRS; int COLORS; int COLS; int ESCDELAY; int LINES; int TABSIZE; WINDOW * curscr; WINDOW * newscr; WINDOW * stdscr; DESCRIPTION
This page summarizes variables provided by the curses library. A more complete description is given in the curses(3X) manual page. Depending on the configuration, these may be actual variables, or macros (see curs_threads(3X)) which provide read-only access to curses's state. In either case, applications should treat them as read-only to avoid confusing the library. COLOR_PAIRS After initializing curses, this variable contains the number of color pairs which the terminal can support. Usually the number of color pairs will be the product COLORS*COLORS, however this is not always true: o a few terminals use HLS colors, which do not follow this rule o terminals supporting a large number of colors are limited by the number of color pairs that can be represented in a signed short value. COLORS After initializing curses, this variable contains the number of colors which the terminal can support. COLS After initializing curses, this variable contains the width of the screen, i.e., the number of columns. ESCDELAY This variable holds the number of milliseconds to wait after reading an escape character, to distinguish between an individual escape char- acter entered on the keyboard from escape sequences sent by cursor- and function-keys (see curses(3X). LINES After initializing curses, this variable contains the height of the screen, i.e., the number of lines. TABSIZE This variable holds the number of columns used by the curses library when converting a tab character to spaces as it adds the tab to a win- dow (see curs_addch(3X). The Current Screen This implementation of curses uses a special window curscr to record its updates to the terminal screen. The New Screen This implementation of curses uses a special window newscr to hold updates to the terminal screen before applying them to curscr. The Standard Screen Upon initializing curses, a default window called stdscr, which is the size of the terminal screen, is created. Many curses functions use this window. NOTES
The curses library is initialized using either initscr(3X), or newterm(3X). If curses is configured to use separate curses/terminfo libraries, most of these variables reside in the curses library. PORTABILITY
ESCDELAY and TABSIZE are extensions, not provided in most other implementations of curses. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), curs_threads(3X), term_variables(3X), terminfo(3X), terminfo(5). curs_variables(3X)