Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Storage Migration on Solaris server Post 302394765 by kamaldeep1986 on Friday 12th of February 2010 12:38:27 PM
Old 02-12-2010
Thanks cerber0 for your response.

The procedure sent by you looks good. But, I have a doubt in this... Once we tried the same thing, the mirroring was also complete, but after sometime the server got crashed due to some inconsistency in the Mirrored Volumes.

So, do you suggest to let the syncing run while the non-global zones are up and running? Have you tested the same thing in your environment?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage migration: zones and metasets

Hi all, I'm in a situation which i need to understand the best way of doing a migration of storage involved in a zone.Elements involved are solaris 10 (Generic_144488-08), metasets. I need to provision more storage to the said non-global zone and not aware of the "best practices" from the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Storage migration from VMAX to VNXHe

Hello, We are considering storage migration for RAC database servers(using ASM) from VMAX to VNX? Any good/bad pointers in this regards please. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
PG_RESETXLOG(1) 					  PostgreSQL Server Applications					   PG_RESETXLOG(1)

NAME
pg_resetxlog - reset write-ahead log and pg_control contents SYNOPSIS
pg_resetxlog [ -f ] [ -n ] [ -o oid ] [ -x xid ] [ -l fileid,seg ] datadir DESCRIPTION
pg_resetxlog clears the write-ahead log and optionally resets some fields in the pg_control file. This function is sometimes needed if these files have become corrupted. It should be used only as a last resort, when the server will not start due to such corruption. After running this command, it should be possible to start the server, but bear in mind that the database may contain inconsistent data due to partially-committed transactions. You should immediately dump your data, run initdb, and reload. After reload, check for inconsistencies and repair as needed. This utility can only be run by the user who installed the server, because it requires read/write access to the datadir. For safety rea- sons, you must specify the data directory on the command line. pg_resetxlog does not use the environment variable PGDATA. If pg_resetxlog complains that it cannot determine valid data for pg_control, you can force it to proceed anyway by specifying the -f (force) switch. In this case plausible values will be substituted for the missing data. Most of the fields can be expected to match, but manual assistance may be needed for the next OID, next transaction ID, WAL starting address, and database locale fields. The first three of these can be set using the switches discussed below. pg_resetxlog's own environment is the source for its guess at the locale fields; take care that LANG and so forth match the environment that initdb was run in. If you are not able to determine correct values for all these fields, -f can still be used, but the recovered database must be treated with even more suspicion than usual --- an immediate dump and reload is imperative. Do not execute any data-modifying operations in the database before you dump, as any such action is likely to make the corruption worse. The -o, -x, and -l switches allow the next OID, next transaction ID, and WAL starting address values to be set manually. These are only needed when pg_resetxlog is unable to determine appropriate values by reading pg_control. A safe value for the next transaction ID may be determined by looking for the largest file name in $PGDATA/pg_clog, adding one, and then multiplying by 1048576. Note that the file names are in hexadecimal. It is usually easiest to specify the switch value in hexadecimal too. For example, if 0011 is the largest entry in pg_clog, -x 0x1200000 will work (five trailing zeroes provide the proper multiplier). The WAL starting address should be larger than any file number currently existing in $PGDATA/pg_xlog. These also are in hex, and have two parts. For example, if 000000FF0000003A is the largest entry in pg_xlog, -l 0xFF,0x3B will work. There is no comparably easy way to determine a next OID that's beyond the largest one in the database, but fortunately it is not critical to get the next-OID setting right. The -n (no operation) switch instructs pg_resetxlog to print the values reconstructed from pg_control and then exit without modifying any- thing. This is mainly a debugging tool, but may be useful as a sanity check before allowing pg_resetxlog to proceed for real. NOTES
This command must not be used when the postmaster is running. pg_resetxlog will refuse to start up if it finds a postmaster lock file in the datadir. If the postmaster crashed then a lock file may have been left behind; in that case you can remove the lock file to allow pg_resetxlog to run. But before you do so, make doubly certain that there is no postmaster nor any backend server process still alive. Application 2002-11-22 PG_RESETXLOG(1)