Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting \n have to make a newline forever? Post 302394740 by maxlamax on Friday 12th of February 2010 10:54:50 AM
Old 02-12-2010
Great!
Corona688 you are a lifesaver! Although your code has to be refined like this:

Code:
ststr2=$(sed 's/\\n/\\n/g' <<< "$ststr2")

so the result in the file are now:

Code:

insert blah blah... ...lines terminated by '\n' (col1, col2, col3...);

With your original code there was a '\\n'...

Now i have to understand fully the final code so i can better comprenhend sed tricking in future scenarios... Smilie

P.S. I have to mantain the text format because i don't want to add future problems, my outfile is destined to feed batch processing in mysql and i can't miss ever a single char... Smilie

Thx

Last edited by maxlamax; 02-12-2010 at 11:57 AM.. Reason: P.S. Added for avoid another post

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.3.3 takes forever to log in

Hi all, my RS/6k 7043 150 with aix 4.3.3 takes FOREVER to log in. When I power the machine on, the boot process procedes normally and I get 2 short beeps (which I don't recall hearing before) and then I get the login window. If I log in, as root, say, the machine goes to its usual blue screen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jwoollard
3 Replies

2. Programming

msgrcv pending forever !!!

When I am using msgrcv to get a message from a queue, in case of msgsnd some error, the msgrcv thread will waiting forever. Is there some way that I can specify a time out value for this queue ? just let msgrcv wait for some time, if no message comes during this time slot, msgrcv just return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yun Gang Chen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

user password forever

Hi I am very new for Solaris, I want to make some users' passwords never expired. My ssytem kernel is: 5.8 # uname -a SunOS sspfs_svr 5.8 Generic_117000-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240 Could you make some advice? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i make sar command run forever ?

Hello all i found out about the sar command but when looking in the man pages there is no way to make sar working for ever .. only with some kind of interval . like sar 2 30 . my question is can i just run sar for ever ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

5. Linux

I want to mount my disk forever

Hi guys! I've just mounted my drive in fstab: /dev/sdb /myfolder ext3 defaults 0 0 and rebooted linux. I've got severel failers during booting process and also I can't login as root first time: login: root password:root incorrect login login:user password: user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junior Admin
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever <-- what does this mean?

Just looking at my ethernet interface.. I see this response... what does this mean...? ipconfig... lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
0 Replies

7. Programming

pthread_cond_timedwait relocks forever

looking in pthread's source code I can see that as an epilogue both pthread_cond_timedwait and pthread_cond_wait will try to relock the mutex by means of __pthread_mutex_cond_lock. Does this mean that any of them both could eventually block forever if the mutex is never again available after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramestica
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forever -w option

I am trying to use the forever command. I can get it to work if I do not use the w option to watch for changes and cause an automatic restart on a change to the contents of the directory being watched. I would really like to use the watch option. Is this option fully implemented? here is an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)