Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting \n have to make a newline forever? Post 302394717 by maxlamax on Friday 12th of February 2010 09:42:00 AM
Old 02-12-2010
\n have to make a newline forever?

I'm trying to make a little script, but I have a problem...

I'm trying to sed a list of files made with a ls > filename.txt...

Two variables (or i may call them constant because they are fixed values Smilie):
ststr1 and ststr2

I want to
Code:
sed s/"$ststr1"/"$ststr2"/g filename.txt > listofsqlcommands.txt

The problem is that in ststr2 there is a string like "into table xxxxxx field terminated by ',' lines terminated by '\n' (col1, col2, col3 etc. etc.);"...

I can't change that because these files are created on windows and BY DESIGN when u create a text file with any method u get a newline at the end of file... :X

So, when i create the file with the list of sql command which have to insert the data of every file listed in filename.txt

filename.txt
Code:
 filename1
 filename2
 filename3...

listofsqlcommands.txt
Code:
 insert filename1 data into
 insert filename2 data into
 insert filename3 dat....

I get this result:
Code:

insert blah blah... ...lines terminated by '
' (col1, col2, col3...);

It's possible to made it like:
Code:

insert blah blah... ...lines terminated by '\n' (col1, col2, col3...);

????????

To make it simple, it's possible when sed a file that contains \n to avoid that the output file redirected contains a REAL newline????

Thx to everyone and sorry for my terrible way of speaking... Smilie

Last edited by zaxxon; 02-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.. Reason: use code tags please, ty

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX 4.3.3 takes forever to log in

Hi all, my RS/6k 7043 150 with aix 4.3.3 takes FOREVER to log in. When I power the machine on, the boot process procedes normally and I get 2 short beeps (which I don't recall hearing before) and then I get the login window. If I log in, as root, say, the machine goes to its usual blue screen... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jwoollard
3 Replies

2. Programming

msgrcv pending forever !!!

When I am using msgrcv to get a message from a queue, in case of msgsnd some error, the msgrcv thread will waiting forever. Is there some way that I can specify a time out value for this queue ? just let msgrcv wait for some time, if no message comes during this time slot, msgrcv just return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yun Gang Chen
3 Replies

3. Solaris

user password forever

Hi I am very new for Solaris, I want to make some users' passwords never expired. My ssytem kernel is: 5.8 # uname -a SunOS sspfs_svr 5.8 Generic_117000-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-240 Could you make some advice? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i make sar command run forever ?

Hello all i found out about the sar command but when looking in the man pages there is no way to make sar working for ever .. only with some kind of interval . like sar 2 30 . my question is can i just run sar for ever ? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
5 Replies

5. Linux

I want to mount my disk forever

Hi guys! I've just mounted my drive in fstab: /dev/sdb /myfolder ext3 defaults 0 0 and rebooted linux. I've got severel failers during booting process and also I can't login as root first time: login: root password:root incorrect login login:user password: user ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junior Admin
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever <-- what does this mean?

Just looking at my ethernet interface.. I see this response... what does this mean...? ipconfig... lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 16436 qdisc noqueue link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00 inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo inet6 ::1/128 scope host valid_lft... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
0 Replies

7. Programming

pthread_cond_timedwait relocks forever

looking in pthread's source code I can see that as an epilogue both pthread_cond_timedwait and pthread_cond_wait will try to relock the mutex by means of __pthread_mutex_cond_lock. Does this mean that any of them both could eventually block forever if the mutex is never again available after... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramestica
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Failed dependencies loop forever

Hello All, I was trying to install one rpm and it failed due to missing dependencies, when I try to look at the dependencies and try to install them it is asking for 100+ dependencies, did any one ever face this problem? how can we fix this? rpm -ivh /var/tmp/erlang-R15B-02.1.el6.x86_64.rpm... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forever -w option

I am trying to use the forever command. I can get it to work if I do not use the w option to watch for changes and cause an automatic restart on a change to the contents of the directory being watched. I would really like to use the watch option. Is this option fully implemented? here is an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrygordon
4 Replies
MongoDB::GridFS(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      MongoDB::GridFS(3pm)

NAME
MongoDB::GridFS - A file storage utility SYNOPSIS
use MongoDB::GridFS; my $grid = $database->get_gridfs; my $fh = IO::File->new("myfile", "r"); $grid->insert($fh, {"filename" => "mydbfile"}); There are two interfaces for GridFS: a file-system/collection-like interface (insert, remove, drop, find_one) and a more general interface (get, put, delete). Their functionality is the almost identical (get, put and delete are always safe ops, insert, remove, and find_one are optionally safe), using one over the other is a matter of preference. SEE ALSO
Core documentation on GridFS: <http://dochub.mongodb.org/core/gridfs>. ATTRIBUTES
chunk_size The number of bytes per chunk. Defaults to 1048576. prefix The prefix used for the collections. Defaults to "fs". files Collection in which file metadata is stored. Each document contains md5 and length fields, plus user-defined metadata (and an _id). chunks Actual content of the files stored. Each chunk contains up to 4Mb of data, as well as a number (its order within the file) and a files_id (the _id of the file in the files collection it belongs to). METHODS
get($id) my $file = $grid->get("my file"); Get a file from GridFS based on its _id. Returns a MongoDB::GridFS::File. put($fh, $metadata) my $id = $grid->put($fh, {filename => "pic.jpg"}); Inserts a file into GridFS, adding a MongoDB::OID as the _id field if the field is not already defined. This is a wrapper for "MongoDB::GridFS::insert", see that method below for more information. Returns the _id field. delete($id) $grid->delete($id) Removes the file with the given _id. Will die if the remove is unsuccessful. Does not return anything on success. find_one ($criteria?, $fields?) my $file = $grid->find_one({"filename" => "foo.txt"}); Returns a matching MongoDB::GridFS::File or undef. remove ($criteria?, $options?) $grid->remove({"filename" => "foo.txt"}); Cleanly removes files from the database. $options is a hash of options for the remove. Possible options are: just_one If true, only one file matching the criteria will be removed. safe If true, each remove will be checked for success and die on failure. This method doesn't return anything. insert ($fh, $metadata?, $options?) my $id = $gridfs->insert($fh, {"content-type" => "text/html"}); Reads from a file handle into the database. Saves the file with the given metadata. The file handle must be readable. $options can be "{"safe" =" true}>, which will do safe inserts and check the MD5 hash calculated by the database against an MD5 hash calculated by the local filesystem. If the two hashes do not match, then the chunks already inserted will be removed and the program will die. Because "MongoDB::GridFS::insert" takes a file handle, it can be used to insert very long strings into the database (as well as files). $fh must be a FileHandle (not just the native file handle type), so you can insert a string with: # open the string like a file my $basic_fh; open($basic_fh, '<', $very_long_string); # turn the file handle into a FileHandle my $fh = FileHandle->new; $fh->fdopen($basic_fh, 'r'); $gridfs->insert($fh); drop @files = $grid->drop; Removes all files' metadata and contents. all @files = $grid->all; Returns a list of the files in the database. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow <kristina@mongodb.org> perl v5.14.2 2011-09-07 MongoDB::GridFS(3pm)