Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify csv-file with bash script Post 302394678 by Franklin52 on Friday 12th of February 2010 08:11:21 AM
Old 02-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi0815
@Franklin52

Hey Franklin,

thanks for your help. I found the mistake... In your post, there's a blank between @ "substr($10,1,10), so the timestamp did not stand right behind the @-Symbol... Again, thanks for your help... Smilie
I couldn't test the command, but glad to know you get it working now. Smilie

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: modify bash

Hey guys, i'm having trouble complete one of my bash scripts I'm hoping to --- 1. Modify bash so that then the user types "ls" the command that is executed is "ls -al" 2. Modify the point of entry in bash when the user accesses it, moving the initial location to /var I've somewhat done #2,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to reorder csv

hi guys, im fairly new to unix and bash scripts and therefore your help would really be appreciated. i need to write a bash script that will take a csv file, and reorder the data and output to another csv file. The source csv file will look something like this: HEAD,671061,Add,SS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daz_20
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv download in a bash script

I am attempting to download a url in csv format. When I download this url in a browser excel opens up and automatically populates with comma separated values. When I try to use curl or wget I get nothing or garbage. This on the command line just hangs wget -b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] firefox-bin [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable, firefox-bin. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -no-remote Don't connect to any other running instances of firefox. Use this if you want to run firefox in an entirely new process. By default, firefox will delegate a command to an already running instance. -safe-mode Start firefox in safe-mode. This disables all third-party extensions, and may be necessary if you are having problems with an exten- sion you installed. -new-tab url Open url in a new tab. -new-window url Open url in a new window. -preferences Open the preferences dialog. -private Start firefox in private browsing mode. -private-toggle Toggle private browsing mode. -setDefaultBrowser Set firefox as the default web browser. -search term Search for term with your default search engine. -migration Start with migration wizard. -new-instance Open new instance, not a new window in running instance. FILES
/usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/mozilla/firefox-bin - firefox executable VERSION
1.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox August 07, 2001 FIREFOX(1)