Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need to modify csv-file with bash script Post 302394628 by Franklin52 on Friday 12th of February 2010 05:57:03 AM
Old 02-12-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi0815
@Franklin52

Thanks for this fast answer,

but I get a very long error message, which has something to do with the "date" command. At the beginning it says

Code:
sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

The rest of the message is in german, so I will try to translate one of the error massages (they have all the same content, just the argument is different):
Code:
date: The argument ""1263646291"" hasn't got the leading "+".
When an option is given, to specify the date, every argument, that isn't an option, must be an formatstring, that begins with an "+".
"date --help" gives more Information.

Hope you can understand this translation... Smilie
Sorry, I forgot the fieldseparator:
Code:
awk -F ";" '{
  "date -d @ "substr($10,1,10) | getline date
  print date, $2
}' temp.csv

BTW: Did you get the correct output with the command provided by linuxpenguin?
Code:
echo "1265911223 www.google.com"|awk '{str="date -d @"$1; print system(str)}'

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-12-2010 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Adding question

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script: modify bash

Hey guys, i'm having trouble complete one of my bash scripts I'm hoping to --- 1. Modify bash so that then the user types "ls" the command that is executed is "ls -al" 2. Modify the point of entry in bash when the user accesses it, moving the initial location to /var I've somewhat done #2,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: LibRid
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to reorder csv

hi guys, im fairly new to unix and bash scripts and therefore your help would really be appreciated. i need to write a bash script that will take a csv file, and reorder the data and output to another csv file. The source csv file will look something like this: HEAD,671061,Add,SS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daz_20
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read data from .csv file through shell script & modify

I need to read data from a file called "test.csv" through shell script where the file contains values like name,price,descriptor etc. There are rows where descriptor (& in some rows name) are written as string & other characters like "car_+" OR "bike*" etc where it should contains strings like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj100
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Pl/sql function in shell script to modify csv

I need to 1.Open a csv 2.Process the csv i.e. Modify 2 column in the csv. To modify the column the value needs to be passed to a pl/sql function and the return value should be updated For eg: If column 2 E,then E will be passed in database function which will return Employee. 3. Write a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chinky23
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script help - removing certain rows from .csv file

Hello Everyone, I am trying to find a way to take a .csv file with 7 columns and a ton of rows (over 600,000) and remove the entire row if the cell in forth column is blank. Just to give you a little background on why I am doing this (just in case there is an easier way), I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrTuxor
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to modify csv file

Hi Friends, I want to convert a csv file into a ordinary .txt file. I am able to convert but I want the output to look as shown below in the .txt file table findhost= { {"xyz","abc"}, {"rxz","mmz"}, {"vrr","nnz"}, } default={"NONE"} My current perl script #!/usr/bin/env perl... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csv download in a bash script

I am attempting to download a url in csv format. When I download this url in a browser excel opens up and automatically populates with comma separated values. When I try to use curl or wget I get nothing or garbage. This on the command line just hangs wget -b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bash_in_my_head
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify CSV file

Hi, I would like to change my CSV file by adding " and : and moving some of the information around. the CSV file looks as follows: 501254424;500440257;PE PACKS;300467279;PREP;;276476070;655031001867176;Two Block;Olga;25/12/2015 00:00:00;Olga I would like to move the field 7 to the front "... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: omuhans123
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify csv-files with awk

Hello everyone! I have thousands of csv files I have to import into a Database table. As usually the files aren't perfect. For example they have a different number of columns and some weird columns. The second problem is, that I have to add 3 parts of the filename into 3 rows in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: elRonaldo
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sed, awk or another bash command to modify string with the content of another file

Hello everybody, I would like modify some strings using sed or another command line with the content file. For example: - {fqdn: "server-01" , ip: "server-01"} - {fqdn: "server-02" , ip: "server-02"} - {fqdn: "server-03" , ip: "server-03"} - {fqdn: "server-04" , ip: "server-04"} My... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dco
4 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - Git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) o cygstart (this is the default under Cygwin) o xdg-open Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the Git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.5.3 01/14/2014 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)