Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Application Cleanup during Linux Shutdown Post 302394566 by whatisron on Friday 12th of February 2010 12:59:11 AM
Old 02-12-2010
Unfortunately, I tried these with no luck. I added the extra signals and added the while(1) just to be certain my application wouldn't exit before logout killed it.

Still, I can press Ctrl-C and that gets caught just fine, but nothing on logout. I also tried launching the application from the Actions/Run Application menu just to be sure it wasn't related to running it from the shell. No difference.

I appreciate all the suggestions, and if you have any others, I'm all ears!!!

Thanks,
Ron

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

change the shutdown sequence in red hat linux

Hi, I use red hat linux kernel 2.6 I want to add the application shutdown in shutdown sequence . I add the K script in /etc/rc.d/ all sub directory for all running level . But the auto shutdown application is not appear when I type "shutdown -r now" .. There is no indication the application... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

3. AIX

stop application befor shutdown

Stop the application before shutdown the server .. I have application need to be started with the system and also need to be stop before shutdown the system This is the path of the application: /usr/appstart /usr/appstop to start the application with the startup of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr.AIX
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Need help "application start up & shutdown"

Hello, i have an application,say X application. When the machine is start-up,i want this application is the last module/application to run & when I shutdown the machine i want this application to be the 1st one to shutdown! i.e. last >>start-up 1st >>shutdown Any help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Timer application in linux

Hello everyone, It is good to be here. I am a newbie to Linux.Can anyone help me in designing a timer application. The timer has to start.And after certain time interval the program should call a function continuously.It should not be in sleep mode.During the course of that time interval the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harry443
0 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Adobe application cleanup

I am trying to come up with a universal way of cleaning up after CS5 (and 5.5) installs. The history is this: adobe has a deployment tool called AAMEE that lets you re-package items and deploy them. Unfortunately it's very messy and leaves Application folders (and pieces of the apps) that do not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kleinboy
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to shutdown Linux box with user confirmation?

Hi Guru's Am looking for linux reboot command which get executed after user confirmation .Can someone please help me with this.:confused::confused::confused: (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapil514
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell to cleanup Linux logs

Hi,Looking for any generic shell scripts to cleanup systemlogs. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tommy812
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Application Script didn't run during AIX shutdown using RC directories

Hi, I am trying to bring down the application gracefully before bringing down AIX OS/LPAR using RC directories. Issue: Application script is not working properly during/before AIX OS/LPAR shutdown. looks like "rc.d" directories doesn't recognize Kill script. But Startup script (using... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux SuSE SLES 8 error..unable to issue shutdown command

the only way we can power off is if we actually press power button on server. Running on HP DL-G4. from root, when we issue command it just returns to root prompt. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amexboy
1 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)