Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Storage Migration on Solaris server Post 302394517 by cerber0 on Thursday 11th of February 2010 04:53:54 PM
Old 02-11-2010
Hi, I would try the following to minimize the downtime

I will asume that the filesystem /Npbsunh2 corresponds for example to c5t6d0s4

0) Stop your non-global-zones (Start your maintenance window)
1) Umount Filesystem
2) Create a concat metadevice
metainit -f d51 1 1 /dev/rdsk/
c5t6d0s4
3) Create a simple mirror
metainit d50 -m d51
4) Mount the filesystem but pointing to the mirrror metadevice
mount /dev/md/dsk/d50 /
Npbsunh2
5) Start your non-global-zones (Here end your maintenance,
window aprox 10 min)

6) Create new concat mirror to teh new disk/slice
metainit -f d52 1 1 /dev/rdsk/c10t0d0s1 (this is the new disk)
7) attach the second concat to the mirror
metattach d50 d52
8) monitoring the sync progress
9) when the sync is at 100% dettach the original disk
metadetach d50 d51
10) Now the filesystem live in the new disk

Notes:
Obviously you first need create the metadb slice if not exist
Later yo can grow the filesystem if is needed,

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage migration: zones and metasets

Hi all, I'm in a situation which i need to understand the best way of doing a migration of storage involved in a zone.Elements involved are solaris 10 (Generic_144488-08), metasets. I need to provision more storage to the said non-global zone and not aware of the "best practices" from the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Storage migration from VMAX to VNXHe

Hello, We are considering storage migration for RAC database servers(using ASM) from VMAX to VNX? Any good/bad pointers in this regards please. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
mdbFontSize(5)							 The m17n Library						    mdbFontSize(5)

NAME
mdbFontSize - Font Size DESCRIPTION
In some case, a font contains incorrect information about its size (typically in the case of a hacked TrueType font), which results in a bad text layout when such a font is used in combination with the other fonts. To overcome this problem, the m17n library loads information about font-size adjustment from the m17n database by the tags <font, resize>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-SIZE-ADJUSTMENT ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ADJUST-RATIO ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ADJUST-RATIO ::= INTEGER FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. ADJUST-RATIO is an integer number specifying by percentage how much the font-size must be adjusted. For instance, this PER-FONT: ((devanagari-cdac) 150) instructs the font handler of the m17n library to open a font of 1.5 times bigger than a requested size on opening a font whose registry is 'devanagari-cdac'. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontSize(5)