Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /etc/vfstab vs /etc/mnttab
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /etc/vfstab vs /etc/mnttab Post 302394510 by hrist on Thursday 11th of February 2010 03:50:40 PM
Old 02-11-2010
^
Thanks for explaining. and yes it is a Solaris machine Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/vfstab

If i wish to make a mount permanent, is it /etc/vfstab that i have to the entry add to? If so does anybody know the syntax, ie. is it tab or space delimited ? etc etc any help would be greatly appreciated (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

bdf , /etc/fstab , /etc/mnttab

Hi all, Would like to know if it is possible to rearrange the order that mounts are displayed when the 'bdf' command is issued. An example of what I mean is, currently I see the following ... $ bdf -l Filesystem kbytes used avail %used Mounted on /dev/vg00/lvol3 524288 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/etc/mnttab is zero length - I have done a silly thing

Being the clever-clogs that I am, I have managed to clobber the contents of /etc/mnttab. It started when I tried to unmount all the volumes in a prticular veritas disk group and neglected to include a suitable grep in my command line, thus attempting to unmount _all_ the filesystems on the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

question about vfstab

Hi all, I have been trying to figure out a way to mount swap on /tmp at a stage early than the default script that does it... If anyone knows how it can be done pls pls help me!!!!! I have been struggling a lot for it Secondly, continuing with the same issue... I wanted to know if the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
4 Replies

5. Linux

veritas hasf /etc/mnttab

Hi All, Where is now the /etc/mnttab if you are in veritas sfha for red hat es 4? Thanks in advance for any comments. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

6. Solaris

etc/vfstab

Hi Everyone, How to find the wrong entry in etc/vfstab or wrong mount point in etc/vfstab ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
4 Replies

7. Solaris

My /etc/mnttab file is showing ro permission for /usr

Hi All, My current /usr utilization is 100%.As i don't have another harddisk i decided to delete some unnecessary files under /usr.But,while deleteing it is giving error "it is a readonly filesystem".I checked /etc/mnttab file it is showing the following entry /dev/lofi/1 /usr hsfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
3 Replies

8. Solaris

what is the difference between /etc/mnttab and /etc/vfstab

what is the difference between /etc/mnttab and /etc/vfstab???? what are these files used for one time i removed mnttab file from my solaris box. infact i renamed it and my solaris box was not booting properly. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
12 Replies

9. Solaris

MNTTAB and NFS questions

SunOS 5.10 Generic_142900-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise I have been asked to move all file from /CV to /EABATCH looking at our mnttab I see these two entries. wdcprodhome:/eabatch/EABATCH /EABATCH nfs nodevices,bg,intr,xattr,zone=cbp011,dev=5500010 1288539528 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/etc/mnttab empty UNIXware 7.1.3

Hi Guys New to this forum so apologies if posted in wrong place. Got a unixware 7.1.3 system (I know !). df -k produces no output which I believe is because /etc/mnttab is empty. Can /etc/mnttab be re-built ? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deel
2 Replies
Intro(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						 Intro(9S)

NAME
Intro, intro - introduction to kernel data structures and properties DESCRIPTION
Section 9P describes kernel properties used by device drivers. Section 9S describes the data structures used by drivers to share informa- tion between the driver and the kernel. See Intro(9E) for an overview of device driver interfaces. In Section 9S, reference pages contain the following headings: o NAME summarizes the purpose of the structure or property. o SYNOPSIS lists the include file that defines the structure or property. o INTERFACE LEVEL describes any architecture dependencies. o DESCRIPTION provides general information about the structure or property. o STRUCTURE MEMBERS lists all accessible structure members (for Section 9S). o SEE ALSO gives sources for further information. Of the preceding headings, Section 9P reference pages contain the NAME, DESCRIPTION, and SEE ALSO fields. Every driver MUST include <sys/ddi.h> and <sys/sunddi.h>, in that order, and as final entries. The following table summarizes the STREAMS structures described in Section 9S. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyreq |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |copyresp |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |datab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |fmodsw |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |free_rtn |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iocblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |linkblk |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |module_info |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |msgb |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qband |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |qinit |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queclass |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |queue |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |streamtab |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |stroptions |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The following table summarizes structures that are not specific to STREAMS I/O. +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | Structure | Type | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |aio_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |buf |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |cb_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_device_acc_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_attr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_sparc |Solaris SPARC DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_lim_x86 |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dma_req |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_dmae_req |Solaris x86 DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_idevice_cookie |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ddi_mapdev_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |devmap_callback_ctl |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |dev_ops |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |iovec |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_intr |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_io |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |kstat_named |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |map |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modldrv |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlinkage |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |modlstrmod |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_address |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_arq_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_device |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_extended_sense |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_hba_tran |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_inquiry |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_pkt |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |scsi_status |Solaris DDI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |uio |DDI/DKI | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Intro(9E) NOTES
Do not declare arrays of structures as the size of the structures can change between releases. Rely only on the structure members listed in this chapter and not on unlisted members or the position of a member in a structure. SunOS 5.11 15 May 2001 Intro(9S)