Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: I need delete old mailbox
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting I need delete old mailbox Post 302394490 by jcordova on Thursday 11th of February 2010 02:25:58 PM
Old 02-11-2010
No my friend, we have meny mailbox and we have user with the mail so big, for that I need delete old mails from all mailbox.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox file format

Does anyone know where can I find information about UNIX mailbox files' organization? I am willing to develop a file-mailbox-compliant mail agent, but for doing so I need that information. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: exile
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Mailbox

Hi!! Where can i delete or find the *.mbox files in unix??? Please help me!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juergen1234
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailbox Nightmares!

I would like to migrate my current system's mailboxes to mail folders and i'm currently running exim! Anyone help with a new mail server and the migration to the one? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: enzophite
1 Replies

4. Linux

root mailbox problem

Hi, I have a linux box which works as an smtp server. Past few months I am facing a problem, all the mails which my local lan users send to the outside world, all such mail gets bounced to root's mailbox. Also I have found that the mails which get bounced to the root's mailbox are mostly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tell UW-Imap to read /var/mail/mailbox ??

Hi, I've got UW-IMAP installed on Gentoo. I'm using EXIM as the transfer agent. EXIM is working fine (I think)... all incoming mail - external and internal goes to /var/mail/username file. I can verifiy this by reading this file directly with nano. Also, IMAPd is running. It lets me login... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract all attachments from unix mailbox file

Hi guys, I wondering if someone already wrote a script for this, it looks easy for the first shot but I would say it's a bit advanced. I want to extract all my email attachments from /var/mail/username (Unix mail format) + from my local mails (Maildir format) to a directory with the original... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynor
4 Replies

7. Solaris

How can I edit the mailbox manually

I use gmail to POP my account because of the spamfilter. From time to time I receive an error message "Connection timed out: There may be a problem with the settings you added. Ple..." after this I am no longer able to retrieve my mails because of the blocked session: "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolandk
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

email mailbox output -

this was handy for me. stout goes to mail here. #mailbox pgm=mailbox USER1=`eval whoami` ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bill L.
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mailbox server performance issue

Hi. my company's mailbox server has severe performance issue on the days while full backup is running. There is huge I/O in another "mail replication process" for standby servers ( which runs all the time, every 15 mins. ). specs of servers :- RHEL5.5 , kernel -2.6.18-53.1.6.el5 , 8 core... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravsharma29
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't POP the mails off the server, the mailbox is corrupt!

First, please forgive me for my 2nd attempt to post in a Forum! And btw, the Code Tags tutorial has the fonts and the sizes, but when I am editing my post none of those fonts and sizes are not there! SCO OpenServer(TM) Release 5 (worf.xxx.com) Worf is our proxy & POP Server, and it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nancy L
7 Replies
IPURGE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 IPURGE(8)

NAME
ipurge - delete mail from IMAP mailbox or partition based on age or size SYNOPSIS
ipurge [ -f ] [ -C config-file ] [ -x ] [ -X ] [ -i ] [ -s ] [ -d days | -b bytes | -k Kbytes | -m Mbytes ] [ mailbox-pattern... ] DESCRIPTION
Ipurge deletes messages from the mailbox(es) specified by mailbox-pattern that are older or larger than specified by the -d, -b, -k or -m options. If no mailbox-pattern is given, ipurge works on all mailboxes. If the -x option is given, the message age and size MUST match exactly those specified by -d, -b, -k or -m. The are no default values, and at least one of -d, -b, -k or -m MUST be specified. Ipurge by default only deletes mail below shared folders, which means that mails in mailbox(es) below INBOX.* and user.* stay untouched. Use the option -f to also delete mail in mailbox(es) below these folders. Ipurge reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. OPTIONS
-f Force deletion of mail in all mailboxes. -C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -d days Age of message in days. -b bytes Size of message in bytes. -k Kbytes Size of message in Kbytes (2^10 bytes). -m Mbytes Size of message in Mbytes (2^20 bytes). -x Perform an exact match on age or size (instead of older or larger). -X Use delivery time instead of Date: header for date matches -i Invert match logic: -x means not equal, date is for newer, size is for smaller -s Skip over messages that have the Flagged flag set. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf CMU
Project Cyrus IPURGE(8)