Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: V490 firmware upgrade
Operating Systems Solaris V490 firmware upgrade Post 302394360 by rajasekg on Thursday 11th of February 2010 08:09:23 AM
Old 02-11-2010
V490 firmware upgrade

Hi,

I going to upgrade the firmware for sunfire v490 server, current fw level is 4.15.6 and to be upgraded to 4.30.

can anyone share the pre and post firmware upgrade activity procedure and backout plan

Thanks
rjs

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

DS4300 firmware upgrade with AIX

Hi Guys, It's me again with this unending support of AIX43 ML 9. I finally able to test a migration from SSA to SAN, no problem. One problem, I bought some expansion of DS4300, two arrays. The IBM tech told me that before I can connect to the existing DS4300, I need to upgrade the firmware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. AIX

If the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510?

When I try to download firmware for pseries (power5 cpu), I found it seems the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510. If they are the same current firmware level and want to upgrade to same firmware. Am I right? Because it descript: This package provides new firmware for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to upgrade AIX Firmware & TL Maintenance Level in AIX

Steps to upgrade AIX TL ( technology Level ) / Maintenance Level in AIX ( including Firmware HMC VIOS ) This article or post covers upgrades for - Hardware Management Console ( HMC ) - Firmware ( also known as microcode ) - VIO ( Virtual I/O Server = PowerVM ) - AIX Version, Technology... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

How to upgrade firmware for disks inside servers?

Hi All, Recently I'm being request by customer to upgrade firmware for one of the disk but not from storage and is from server it self. The patch no is 116370-15, when I found it, I only see instructions on how to download for storage disks but not for server disks. All guru here please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailbox80
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Help with firmware upgrade on blade BL870c

Hi gurus, I was more on the Sun side and now am getting exposure to the HP-UX side of the world. I have to upgrade firmware on BL870c blade. Can some one point to a url or give procedure to follow as I couldn't find much on the web. Thanks Momin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momin
1 Replies

7. AIX

Firmware upgrade

Hi. I just migrated a 5.3 box to 6.1 (standalone, no HMC). This is a System p5 520 Power 5 box The migration process went smooth but at the end when the server rebooted it never came up. So the bootup process never completes. It gets stuck at the screen with the big AIX logo saying it's loading... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
6 Replies

8. AIX

How to upgrade firmware of a system that doesn't boot?

any ideas ??????? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: livehho
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun-Fire-V490 Printer Issue After Upgrade of Solaris

Hey Guys I am new here, dont know if any one can assist me with this issue. I have a Sun-Fire-V490 machine that was upgraded to version 9 and patched a few months back. Problem is a few network printers managed by the server is printing an extra page that comes out before and after every print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mprogams
0 Replies
DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)						     Debhelper						       DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)

NAME
dh_systemd_start - start/stop/restart systemd unit files SYNOPSIS
dh_systemd_start [debhelperoptions] [--restart-after-upgrade] [--no-stop-on-upgrade] [unitfile...] DESCRIPTION
dh_systemd_start is a debhelper program that is responsible for starting/stopping or restarting systemd unit files in case no corresponding sysv init script is available. As with dh_installinit, the unit file is stopped before upgrades and started afterwards (unless --restart-after-upgrade is specified, in which case it will only be restarted after the upgrade). This logic is not used when there is a corresponding SysV init script because invoke-rc.d performs the stop/start/restart in that case. OPTIONS
--restart-after-upgrade Do not stop the unit file until after the package upgrade has been completed. This is the default behaviour in compat 10. In earlier compat levels the default was to stop the unit file in the prerm, and start it again in the postinst. This can be useful for daemons that should not have a possibly long downtime during upgrade. But you should make sure that the daemon will not get confused by the package being upgraded while it's running before using this option. --no-restart-after-upgrade Undo a previous --restart-after-upgrade (or the default of compat 10). If no other options are given, this will cause the service to be stopped in the prerm script and started again in the postinst script. -r, --no-stop-on-upgrade, --no-restart-on-upgrade Do not stop service on upgrade. --no-start Do not start the unit file after upgrades and after initial installation (the latter is only relevant for services without a corresponding init script). NOTES
Note that this command is not idempotent. dh_prep(1) should be called between invocations of this command (with the same arguments). Otherwise, it may cause multiple instances of the same text to be added to maintainer scripts. Note that dh_systemd_start should be run after dh_installinit so that it can detect corresponding SysV init scripts. The default sequence in dh does the right thing, this note is only relevant when you are calling dh_systemd_start manually. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) AUTHORS
pkg-systemd-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_SYSTEMD_START(1)