Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL select all but not if it is already in an other column Post 302394330 by radoulov on Thursday 11th of February 2010 06:36:49 AM
Old 02-11-2010
If I understand correctly:
Code:
SELECT data_12, kwroot, kwsearched
FROM sc
WHERE kwroot = 'straxx'
AND data_12 NOT IN (
  SELECT DISTINCT kwsearched
  FROM sc
  );

or:

Code:
SELECT a.data_12, a.kwroot, a.kwsearched
FROM sc a
LEFT JOIN sc b
ON a.data_12 = b.kwsearched
WHERE a.kwroot = 'straxx'
AND b.kwsearched is NULL;

Last edited by radoulov; 02-11-2010 at 08:05 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pipe SQL select statement results to script

Hello I would like to perform a select from a oracle table and return those values to my shell script For example: site=head -1 $infile | cut -c1-15 | awk '{printf "s%", $0} sqlplus -s /nolog |& #Open pipe to sql select col1, col2, col3, col4 from oracle_table where col5 =... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: houtakker
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

formatting the sql select result

Hi, I have about 12 columns and 15 rows to be retrived from sybase isql command through unix. But when i output the sql into a file and see it, the formatting is going for a toss. can someone please suggest how can i get the result correctly in the output file ? Thanks, Sateesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kotasateesh
2 Replies

3. Web Development

SQL Select inside Insert

I have following. . . . $userid = 2 . $query = "select username from users where userid = ".$userid.";"; . $username = $line; $data="Some Data Here"; . $query = "insert into logger (username, data) valuse ($username, $data);"; . I would like to not have 2 database calls. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ikon
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Select and awk

Dear All , I have file1.txt contain values like the following: ---------- 23 24 25 and I have shell script which has the following : more file1.txt | awk '{print "select 'DUMP',CODE1||'|'||CODE2||'|'||CODE3 from CODE where CODE1='" $1 "';"}' > file2.sql all I need is to have the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuzahra
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select SQL Queries Option

count.sh#!/bin/ksh SQL1=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @count.sql $1 $2 $3` SQL2=`sqlplus -s usr/pwd @selectall.sql $1 $2 $3` LIST="Count Select_All" select i in $LIST do if then echo $SQL1 elif then echo $SQL2 fi done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killboy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using SELECT sql statement in shell script

Hi there I have a database on a remote box and i have been using shell script to insert data into it for example, i could have a script that did this SN=123456 n=server1 m=x4140 sql="UPDATE main SET hostname='$n',model='$m' WHERE serial='$SN';" echo $sql |/usr/sfw/bin/mysql -h... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

7. Programming

I'm going crazy with SQL select. Please help!

Hello people, as wrote in title I'm going crazy with a "complex" SQL select. This is the seelct: select T_ADDRESS, T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC, COUNT(*) FROM TABLETEST WHERE T_MCC=123 AND (T_MNC=11 OR T_MNC=01) GROUP BY T_ADDRESS,T_MCC,T_MNC,T_MSIN,T_IM_MNC HAVING count(*) > 5;This select... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
7 Replies

8. Programming

[Solved] SQL SELECT REPLACE

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select update replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this name model characteristics sample1.1 +123 parent sample1.2 -456 clone sample1.3 +122 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonia102
5 Replies

9. Programming

Sql select replace

Hi All, I had a query related to sql select replace command. i have a table named clusters and it looks like this Code: name characteristics sample 1.1 parent sample 1.2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siya@
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse SQL text and only format first SELECT statement.

Hi Forum. Need your expertise on the following question. I have the following file which I would like to parse, find first block of SELECT statment and concatenate all input fields as 1 field (~ delimited): Old File: SELECT /*+ USE_HASH(CCOMM ICAR IMAP IAS IP IMAS IMPS IAP SPCA) */ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
5 Replies
SELECT 
INTO(7) SQL Commands SELECT INTO(7) NAME
SELECT INTO - define a new table from the results of a query SYNOPSIS
[ WITH [ RECURSIVE ] with_query [, ...] ] SELECT [ ALL | DISTINCT [ ON ( expression [, ...] ) ] ] * | expression [ [ AS ] output_name ] [, ...] INTO [ TEMPORARY | TEMP ] [ TABLE ] new_table [ FROM from_item [, ...] ] [ WHERE condition ] [ GROUP BY expression [, ...] ] [ HAVING condition [, ...] ] [ WINDOW window_name AS ( window_definition ) [, ...] ] [ { UNION | INTERSECT | EXCEPT } [ ALL ] select ] [ ORDER BY expression [ ASC | DESC | USING operator ] [ NULLS { FIRST | LAST } ] [, ...] ] [ LIMIT { count | ALL } ] [ OFFSET start [ ROW | ROWS ] ] [ FETCH { FIRST | NEXT } [ count ] { ROW | ROWS } ONLY ] [ FOR { UPDATE | SHARE } [ OF table_name [, ...] ] [ NOWAIT ] [...] ] DESCRIPTION
SELECT INTO creates a new table and fills it with data computed by a query. The data is not returned to the client, as it is with a normal SELECT. The new table's columns have the names and data types associated with the output columns of the SELECT. PARAMETERS
TEMPORARY or TEMP If specified, the table is created as a temporary table. Refer to CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)] for details. new_table The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. All other parameters are described in detail under SELECT [select(7)]. NOTES
CREATE TABLE AS [create_table_as(7)] is functionally similar to SELECT INTO. CREATE TABLE AS is the recommended syntax, since this form of SELECT INTO is not available in ECPG or PL/pgSQL, because they interpret the INTO clause differently. Furthermore, CREATE TABLE AS offers a superset of the functionality provided by SELECT INTO. Prior to PostgreSQL 8.1, the table created by SELECT INTO included OIDs by default. In PostgreSQL 8.1, this is not the case -- to include OIDs in the new table, the default_with_oids configuration variable must be enabled. Alternatively, CREATE TABLE AS can be used with the WITH OIDS clause. EXAMPLES
Create a new table films_recent consisting of only recent entries from the table films: SELECT * INTO films_recent FROM films WHERE date_prod >= '2002-01-01'; COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard uses SELECT INTO to represent selecting values into scalar variables of a host program, rather than creating a new table. This indeed is the usage found in ECPG (see in the documentation) and PL/pgSQL (see in the documentation). The PostgreSQL usage of SELECT INTO to represent table creation is historical. It is best to use CREATE TABLE AS for this purpose in new code. SEE ALSO
CREATE TABLE AS [create_table_as(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 SELECT INTO(7)