Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Bold Text In Email
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Bold Text In Email Post 302394306 by sysgate on Thursday 11th of February 2010 05:14:34 AM
Old 02-11-2010
Can you please explain your current mechanism of sending emails, so we can give better advice ? Is it HMTL, how it's being constructed, how the users are reading the mail, what are their mail clients, etc.
General advice on how to bold a line in bash :
Code:
echo -e "\033[1mThis is ALL BOLD line\033[0m"

See attached png file for visual hint.
Bold Text In Email-boldpng

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bold Text?

Hello, On the linux box I use at work, the directories are bold type to distinguish them. Is there a way to make certain words in a text file bold? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Atama
4 Replies

2. Programming

Bold text

hello, how do i display the text in the printf statement in bold. or is there anyway to display the text on the console in bold thx in advance svh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svh
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a bold text in vi

pls disregard got my question answered . as you can't do bold in vi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i bold a text

Dear i want to bold a text using shell script. please give sample.. Thanks rex (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jrex1983
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending email message in colour and bold letter

The code echo -e "\033[34m Test \033[0m Mail" when i execute this command line i get proper output but when i mail the output of this command through sendmail it doesn't appear. Basically I want to send email message in diffrent colours, bold letter using shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baps
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

mailx requirement - email body header in bold and data content in normal text

Dear all- I have a requirement to send an email via email with body content which looks something below- Email body contents -------------------- RequestType: Update DateAcctOpened: 1/5/2010 Note that header information and data content should be normal text.. Please advice on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making Text Bold

Hi Guys, This is my first query here. I hope you could help. I have a file as below a 1 2 3 4 b 4 5 6 ... I need to print the first column of this in bold. a 1 2 3 4 b 4 5 6 Is it possible, if so, could you please let me know how to do that? I require this because I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.munna
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

output text in bold font using SED

hi I want to write a script, while using the SED editor, to output the text, in this case a variable, to the result file but highlighted it in bold, is it possible to do that? can you tell me how? eg. in text.txt sed '$ a\ '$variable' ' <text.txt >text2.txt so it will add the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bold letter in email body

Hi All, The below is the email text and i want few words in BOLD. I am writing the below message in to a .txt file and calling it in a function which generated email. when i run at cmd prompt it is working fine , but wehn i run a script .sh it is not working. Below is the text printing in to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranparsha
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bold text in Bash and send mail

I have a sample script here I want to bold the word BOLD in the text and send through email. Tried several ways but not seems to working. BODY="Hello. I want to BOLD this" { echo "From: from@gmail.com" echo "To: to@gmail.com" echo "Subject: Texting" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lpoolfc
1 Replies
Email::Sender(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Email::Sender(3pm)

NAME
Email::Sender - a library for sending email VERSION
version 0.110005 SYNOPSIS
my $message = Email::MIME->create( ... ); # produce an Email::Abstract compatible message object, # e.g. produced by Email::Simple, Email::MIME, Email::Stuff use Email::Sender::Simple qw(sendmail); use Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP qw(); use Try::Tiny; try { sendmail( $message, { from => $SMTP_ENVELOPE_FROM_ADDRESS, transport => Email::Sender::Transport::SMTP->new({ host => $SMTP_HOSTNAME, port => $SMTP_PORT, }) } ); } catch { warn "sending failed: $_"; }; OVERVIEW
Email::Sender replaces the old and sometimes problematic Email::Send library, which did a decent job at handling very simple email sending tasks, but was not suitable for serious use, for a variety of reasons. Most users will be able to use Email::Sender::Simple to send mail. Users with more specific needs should look at the available Email::Sender::Transport classes. Documentation may be found in Email::Sender::Manual, and new users should start with Email::Sender::Manual::QuickStart. IMPLEMENTING
Email::Sender itelf is a Moose role. Any class that implements Email::Sender is required to provide a method called "send". This method should accept any input that can be understood by Email::Abstract, followed by a hashref containing "to" and "from" arguments to be used as the envelope. The method should return an Email::Sender::Success object on success or throw an Email::Sender::Failure on failure. AUTHOR
Ricardo Signes <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo Signes. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-06 Email::Sender(3pm)