Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SSH time out
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SSH time out Post 302394248 by senthil.ak on Thursday 11th of February 2010 01:26:33 AM
Old 02-11-2010
Thanks very much... the changes doing well in my script.. I'll get back if any issues.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Setting up SSH - first time

Good day to you all. I have a server (running on SunOS 5.8) that i always got into via telnet. I have eventually decided to block telnet access to it and instead look toward using SSH. The problem is, whne i establish the SSH connection via PuTTy, i get the "Log in as" prompt, but upon... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: de049
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Telnet/ssh connection takes a lot of time.

We have three Oracle instances running on our Sun-Blade-T6300. Telnet or SSH connection to one of the instance (or to user oramach) takes a lot of time whether using putty or SecureCRT but connection to any other user is very fast. Any idea what may be causing this slow connection to this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esmgr
5 Replies

3. Solaris

ssh Long time to return prompt.

Hi All, I was installed new server M5000 on solaris10. I'am try to connect to server by ssh client (putty) after type user name and password the server take long time to return prompt to me about 30-60 second. any body can suggess me how to do it. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesmk
8 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Multiple hosts SSH NO PASSWORD - each time it overrides the last key gen

Hello, here is my problem: I have 20 machines that need to SSH into 1 machine throughout the day. The issue is every time I go through the process of putting my keys from one of the computers that needs to SSH to the server that needs to accept all the incoming SSH's it overrides the last one. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoyoyo777
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to cat via ssh and sed at the same time.?

I am trying to write a script to automatically create conf files and remote servers. I would like to do all this without creating files locally and copying them . Here is what I have tried. sitename=$1 prodserver=$2 ssh $prodserver "cat > /data/$sitename.conf" << cat |sed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: macrossm
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems in analysing SSH LOG users & time

Attached is the log file that I have generated through the following script: last | head -2 |sed '2q;d' |awk '{ print $1"\t"$2"\t"$3"\t\t"$4"\t"$5"\t"$6"\t"$7"\t"$8"\t" $9"\t"$10"\t"$11}'>>/var/log/logadmin/logtest.txt But now I'm unable to run the following operations on it: 1. Count... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lionking93
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why does SSH store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time?

I was wondering why does ssh store the fingerprints of remote host when connecting for the first time? I will appreciate a detailed response, can't figure it out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChiefGandalf
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync from remote machine via ssh and sync by uisng find by modified time

Hi I have a requirement to rsync from remote to local machine via ssh and sync files that are changed in last n hours. pgrep to check if no other sync is running pgrep -f rsync.*/opt > /dev/null || rsync --bwlimit=10000 -avz --delete root@X.X.X.X:/var/source/ /opt/dest/ >> /home/log 2>&1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
iptables-apply(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 iptables-apply(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] ruleset-file DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new ruleset (as output by iptables-save/read by iptables-restore) to iptables, then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new ruleset cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous ruleset after the timeout expired. The timeout can be set with -t. When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore instead. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset. -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
iptables-apply is copyright by Martin F. Krafft. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. 2006-06-04 iptables-apply(8)