Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to redirect to squid login web page when internet access Post 302394244 by sandeepvson on Thursday 11th of February 2010 12:23:38 AM
Old 02-11-2010
Hi Anyone has any idea about this.

How to make home page / login page for squid access users in linux when they come to first time internet access.
I am looking for this solution for a long time
Thanks for any suggestions !!!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Internet Access Control thru User login Authentication

Hi, Is there a way to authorise Internet Access through the authentication of user login information without using any firewall? example : PC A is internet access ready with all the necessary settings in place (DNS and Gateway, no proxy settings as our company uses transparency proxy). ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
0 Replies

2. Web Development

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

APACHE: Tie in Web Page login with server login

Hello, I have created a web page on a server using apache and added .htaccess and .htpasswd in the folder for authentification. I was wondering if there was anyway to tie-in the login for this page with the login used to logon to the server. i.e. the same login info. is used for both, when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WhotheWhat
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to redirect to a web-page by shell script

Dear all, I am calling a korn shell script(CGI script) by a web-page. This shell script do some checking in a unix file and return true or false. Now within the same script, If it returns true then I want to redirect to another web-page stored in htdocs directory. Example: Login page sends a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi18s
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

How to set up Squid Proxy as a web page

I have Squid set up, but when my friend wants to use it, he has to enter my IP and port in his browser settings every time. How can I make it so that he only has to go a webpage I create, and use the proxy from there instead of having to change his browser Network settings every single time? I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guitarscn
1 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Configure Squid to use LDAP group auth to deny internet access

Hi all We have squid-2.5.STABLE11-3.FC4 running in our environment. LDAP authentication works fine. Active Directory 2003 Users are prompted to enter credentials every time they access the net. The system works perfectly, but I need to configure Squid to block users in a specific AD group.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iptables rule to block access from VM Browser to Firewall Login Page

(1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senrabdet
1 Replies

8. Proxy Server

How to use Squid on Linux to control certain IP to access Web Server and certain IP cannot access?

Dear all experts here, :) I would like to install a proxy server on Linux server to perform solely to control the access of Web server. In this case, some of my vendor asked me to try Squid and I have installed it onto my Linux server. I would like know how can I set the configuration to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
1 Replies

9. Linux

Curl login to web page

Hello dears, I am trying to log in the website using curl but no luck so far. The web page Content-Type is : text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1 I try the following command using curl: curl \ --header "Content-type: text/html" \ --request POST \ --data '{"user": "someusername",... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
0 Replies
EXT_WBINFO_GROUP_ACL.PL.IN(1)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     EXT_WBINFO_GROUP_ACL.PL.IN(1)

NAME
ext_wbinfo_group_acl - external ACL helper for Squid to verify NT Domain group membership using wbinfo. SYNOPSIS
ext_wbinfo_group_acl [-dh] DESCRIPTION
ext_wbinfo_group_acl is an installed executable script. It uses wbinfo from Samba to lookup group membership of logged in users. This helper must be used in with an authentication scheme (typically Basic or NTLM) based on Windows NT/2000 domain users. It reads from the standard input the domain username and a list of groups and tries to match each against the groups membership of the specified username. OPTIONS
-d Write debug info to stderr. -h Print the help. -K downgrade Kerberos credentials to NTLM. CONFIGURATION
external_acl_type wbinfo_check %LOGIN /path/to/ext_wbinfo_group_acl acl allowed_group external wbinfo_check Group1 Group2 http_access allow allowed_group If the local perl interpreter is in a unusual location it may need to be added: external_acl_type wbinfo_check %LOGIN /path/to/perl /path/to/ext_wbinfo_group_acl AUTHOR
This program was written by Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@itraktech.com> This manual was written by Amos Jeffries <amosjeffries@squid-cache.org> COPYRIGHT
This program is put in the public domain by Jerry Murdock <jmurdock@itraktech.com>. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. QUESTIONS
Questions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <squid-users@squid-cache.org> REPORTING BUGS
Bug reports need to be made in English. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report. Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/ Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <squid-bugs@squid-cache.org> Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <squid-dev@squid-cache.org> SEE ALSO
The Squid FAQ wiki http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq The Squid Configuration Manual http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/ perl v5.10.1 2013-07-13 EXT_WBINFO_GROUP_ACL.PL.IN(1)