Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Split binary file with pattern Post 302394225 by vvild on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 09:38:12 PM
Old 02-10-2010
sorry, that i have posted not an exact question. there is no spaces in file. that's why i think awk isn't suitable...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a binary file into 2 basing on 2 delemiter string

Hi all, I have a binary file (orig.dat) and two special delimiter strings 'AAA' and 'BBB'. My binary file's content is as follow: <Data1.1>AAA<Data1.2>BBB <Data2.1>AAA<Data2.2>BBB ... <DataN.1>AAA<DataN.2>BBB DataX.Y might have any length, and contains any kind of special/printable... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Averell
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on a pattern

Dear all, I have a large file which is composed of 8000 frames, what i would like to do is split the file into 8000 single files names file.pdb.1, file.pdb.2 etc etc each frame in the large file is seperated by a "ENDMDL" flag so my thinking is to use this flag a a point to split the files... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mish_99
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file based on pattern and size

Hello, I have a large file (2GB) that I would like to split based on pattern and size. I've used the following command to split the file (token is "HELLO") awk '/HELLO/{i++}{print > "file"i}' input.txt and the output is similar to the following (i included filesize in KB): 10 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split the file based on pattern

Hi , I have huge files around 400 mb, which has clob data and have diffeent scenarios: I am trying to pass scenario number as parameter and and get required modified file based on the scenario number and criteria. Scenario 1: file name : scenario_1.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sol_nov
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split binary file every occurrence of a group of characters

Hello I am new to scripts, codes, bash, terminal, etc. I apologize this my be very scattered because I frankly don't have any idea where to begin and I have had trouble sleeping lately. I have several 2GB files I wish to split. This Code 00 00 01 BA ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** C3 F8 00 00 01 BB 00... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickE
17 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a huge 7 GB File Based on Pattern into 4 files

Hi, I have a Huge 7 GB file which has around 1 million records, i want to split this file into 4 files to contain around 250k messages each. Please help me as Split command cannot work here as it might miss tags.. Format of the file is as below <!--###### ###### START-->... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KishM
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split a file based on pattern line number?

Hi i have requirement like below M <form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... D ..... D ...... D ..... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM D ...... M form_name> sdasadasdMklkM i want split file based on line number by finding... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar v
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Split one file to many based on pattern

Hello All, I have records in a file in a pattern A,B,B,B,B,K,A,B,B,K Is there any command or simple logic I can pull out records into multiple files based on A record? I want output as File1: A,B,B,B,B,K File2: A,B,B,K (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal1dealer
9 Replies
TZSELECT(8)						    Linux System Administration 					       TZSELECT(8)

NAME
tzselect - select a timezone SYNOPSIS
tzselect DESCRIPTION
The tzselect program asks the user for information about the current location, and outputs the resulting timezone description to standard output. The output is suitable as a value for the TZ environment variable. All interaction with the user is done via standard input and standard error. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is zero if a timezone was successfully obtained from the user, nonzero otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
AWK Name of a Posix-compliant awk program (default: awk). TZDIR Name of the directory containing timezone data files (default: /usr/share/zoneinfo). FILES
TZDIR/iso3166.tab Table of ISO 3166 2-letter country codes and country names. TZDIR/zone.tab Table of country codes, latitude and longitude, TZ values, and descriptive comments. TZDIR/TZ Time zone data file for timezone TZ. SEE ALSO
tzfile(5), zdump(8), zic(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-05-18 TZSELECT(8)