Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sending attachement in mail
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sending attachement in mail Post 302394151 by ahamed on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 03:12:15 PM
Old 02-10-2010
sending attachement in mail

Hi ,
I am using the below code to send mail through a script which run as a cron job.

Code:
msgdate=`date +"%a, %e %Y %T %z"`
daemail=$(cat <<!
To: $emailtarget
Subject: $subject
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
Content-Disposition: inline
$priority

$CONTENT
!)

echo "$daemail" > msg.tmp
echo  >> msg.tmp
email=`cat msg.tmp`
echo "$email" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t

If i want to send hi.csv as a attachment..how should the code be modified.
can someone help me which the code.

Thanks,
Ahamed.

Last edited by pludi; 02-10-2010 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Mail with Attachement

Hi Can somebody help me in wirting shell script in the following way.Desperately i have poseted this.. 1.How can I connect to Oracle(Sqlplus) from UNIX. 2.After connecting to it I have to execute an oracle proceudure.. 3.Execution of the procedure will give some set of rows.. 4.The set of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chgopi
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

query about Attachement in mail

Hi All, I have general query that ...in my script i used uuencode option like below. cd /location (cat test.txt uuencode test.csv test.csv ) | mail -s "test mail" "mail_id" but whenever i run the above command its giving error like below ./testscript.sh: uuencode not found: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shahul
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email sending attachement with two file comparision

Hi guys, I have two files . One file contains log record and another file contains emailids which is supposed to send it users File1 : Name : abc_xyz_data.txt Which contains log record File 2 : Name : abc_xyz_mailids.txt Which contains emailids. abc@test.com bcd@test.com I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orabalu
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to read mail attachement

I want to read attachements sent to unix mail id and save the attachement in folder. I may receive the mails from different mail clients(outlook, lotus ..etc). Attachements are in CSV(comma saperate) format. Let me know the shell script code for this. Regards, Venkat (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending attachement using mailx

Hi I tried reading docs from this forum and googled it...but i couldnt get the answer for attaching a document in mail. I need it to be the actual attachement not adding the content of the file to the body of the mail.. i used uuencode ...to encode the file but it is coming as a junk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

attachement through mail command

Can't attach text files to 'mail' command. I dont have mutt or mailx to use on my server. so i have to use mail command any help would be great. Regards, Kiran (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dddkiran
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending with multiple attachement(pdf and csv) with html content from Linux

Hi, We have a requirement to send multiple attachment(pdf and csv) along with html content in a single mail. For that we are using uuencode. It is working for single pdf attachment and html content. But we are unable to send both pdf and csv attachment with html content. Below is the script.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dholea
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Send file attachement in mail

Hello, I am able to attache the file in UNIX/LINUX script using following code. MAILFORMAT="Please do not replay this mail.This mail is auto generated." echo -e $MAILFORMAT | mailx -r autoreplay@gmail.com -a filename -s "status" xyz@gmail.com But same I am not able attache... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nes
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending csv file as an attachement from Linux

Hi i am trying to send a csv file as an attachment via mail from linux. i am using the below script. echo "X-Mailer: htmlmail" $VERSION echo "Mime-Version: 1.0" echo 'Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="-q1w2e3r4t5"' echo '---q1w2e3r4t5' echo "Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohanalakshmi
1 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)