Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: about lsof
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers about lsof Post 302394000 by satheeshkr_cse on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 08:18:02 AM
Old 02-10-2010
I am getting all those things like IP address all in netstat but not getting anything in lsof

---------- Post updated at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous update was at 06:31 PM ----------

Hi,

Can anybody sort out the reason soon and help me . I am in need of it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lsof output

I have a number of open files connecting to the rpcbind process running on HPUX 11.00. Usinf lsof -p rpcbind I am unable to identify the ip addresses of the open files. Example of one below - Any ideas? rpcbind 19754 root 100u inet 72,0x72 0t0 TCP 79.60.53.40:* (BOUND) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Malcolmm
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

lsof

Could someone please give me a step for a hint on which version and where is the above utility is for version 4.3.3.0 of Aix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jacl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof ???

Hi All, I'm having a problem with "lsof" in HP-UX system. Its giving me 2 two different results when running it. 1 . lsof -p 'PID' | wc -l -----gives some value 2 . lsof | grep 'PID' | wc -l The above two commands gives me two different values with the same PID...... Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marc
6 Replies

4. HP-UX

lsof on HPUX 11.23

Hey Guys... I am looking for lsof by HPUX 11.23 . Could someone said me where can download it? Thanks in Advance. ANGEL GADEA (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

5. HP-UX

lsof equivalent in HP-UX

I need lsof equivalent in HP-UX. I do not want to add lsof utility separately. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deo_kaustubh
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and lsof

Hi All, My target is to find the biggest files opened by any process and from that i have to find process id and the corresponding file also. To get the process id which is accessing the biggest file in the given file system, i am using the below command. lsof -s /home/arun/my_work |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lsof

I'm looking to list all of the files open at a certain time up on a UNIX box. From looking on the internet, it looks as though lsof is the most common. However have tried this and got the following: ksh: lsof: not found Now having gone into bash mode and hit tab twice I see that lsof... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meevagh
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

lsof in HP-UX

In Linux and Solaris lsof accepts the -X switch which allows to see if deleted files are still in use and eat disk space. In HP-UX it is now working and it is a problem... today one of my filesystems on the server was increasing very fast but existing file sizes were not really changing. lsof shows... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vorb
3 Replies

9. OS X (Apple)

Lsof output

This is abridged lsof output from my safari process: Safari 13063 owner 9u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1293 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9b7534eab Safari 13063 owner 10u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be0933 0t0 ->0x982ef3b9c1be1423 Safari 13063 owner 11u unix 0x982ef3b9c1be1423 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sakurashinken
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lsof command

Hi, I am trying to find the files in a specific directory that are currently in open state. I need this information to archive the old files that are not active in the directory. I get the following output when I try the command $ lsof +d '/var/tmp/'|awk '{print $9}'|sort -u NAME... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ryzen7
1 Replies
dbus-cleanup-sockets(1) 				      General Commands Manual					   dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)

NAME
dbus-cleanup-sockets - clean up leftover sockets in a directory SYNOPSIS
dbus-cleanup-sockets [DIRECTORY] DESCRIPTION
The dbus-cleanup-sockets command cleans up unused D-Bus connection sockets. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more informa- tion about the big picture. If given no arguments, dbus-cleanup-sockets cleans up sockets in the standard default socket directory for the per-user-login-session mes- sage bus; this is usually /tmp. Optionally, you can pass a different directory on the command line. On Linux, this program is essentially useless, because D-Bus defaults to using "abstract sockets" that exist only in memory and don't have a corresponding file in /tmp. On most other flavors of UNIX, it's possible for the socket files to leak when programs using D-Bus exit abnormally or without closing their D-Bus connections. Thus, it might be interesting to run dbus-cleanup-sockets in a cron job to mop up any leaked sockets. Or you can just ignore the leaked sockets, they aren't really hurting anything, other than cluttering the output of "ls /tmp" AUTHOR
dbus-cleanup-sockets was adapted by Havoc Pennington from linc-cleanup-sockets written by Michael Meeks. BUGS
Please send bug reports to the D-Bus mailing list or bug tracker, see http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ dbus-cleanup-sockets(1)