Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to figure out what each IP address is used for? Post 302393933 by wbdevilliers on Wednesday 10th of February 2010 03:16:37 AM
Old 02-10-2010
Have you tried a tcpdump to see where the traffic on each interface is going?

Code:
tcpdump -i eth0

"0" being the interface number you want to check.

Output should be like this:

Code:
10:13:22.676190 IP source.ssh > destination.1448: P 10521256:10521404(148) ack 51793 win 2264

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i can not figure this out

I am having problems scripting in UNIX. I am currently attending school and for the first time I am being introduced to scripting. My problem is I am supposed to enhance the spell_check by adding a third optional argument. The third argument is to specify a list of words to be added to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steph
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

figure it out

hi there i am new to this site and this linux and unix stuff so kind of plz help me out hoe to start the stuff.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cool_dude
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out else not matching

All, I appreciate any help you can provide on this. I get an "else unmatched" error with this code and can't figure out why. If I remove the 1st if statement through the 1st else the script runs through fine. Any thoughts? #decrypt file sudo -u gpg /usr/bin/gpg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peteroc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant figure out this..

Hi, I need a little help here. I am exporting user info from a PSQL database and everything is working with the exception of this: 10029008:dsAuthMethodStandard\:dsAuthClearText:classword:10029008:2004:10029008:10029008:/home/student/1002/90/08:10029008 It is putting a colon right before the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stud33
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How do I figure out the subnet?

Hi, How do I get subnet from this: 10.252.0.138/25 Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure this one out --

I'm putting together a shell script while I'm learning UNIX -- just for myself. It's a little script that simply takes some vendor names and writes them to a file. So far I'm at the stage where the user enters the name of the file and places it in a folder called vendorlists: * ) touch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure out why this repeats

#!/bin/sh while IFS=: read address port; do : ${port:=443} address=$address port=$port cd $f_location number=`grep "$address" thing.txt -A 1 | grep "addresses=" | cut -d'"' -f2` echo "$address,$port,$number,$answer" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
ttt(1)									net								    ttt(1)

NAME
ttt - Tele Traffic Tapper - a standalone program for local, real-time, graphical traffic-monitoring. SYNTAX
ttt [-interface device] [-interval ms] [-dumpfile file [-speed N]] [-yscale (K|M|n)] DESCRIPTION
ttt is the standalone traffic monitor program in the ttt program suite. It displays trafic-data of a local interface. To run ttt, you must be "root" on most systems since only root is allowed to access the network filter device. The ttt program suite is yet another descendant of tcpdump but it is capable of real-time, graphical, local and remote traffic-monitoring. It won't replace tcpdump, rather, it helps you find out what to look into with tcpdump. OPTIONS
-interface device specifies the interface for packet capture. If not specified, the default interface is chosen. -interval ms Sets the interval in Milliseconds. If omitted, a interval of 1000 msec. is used as default. -dumpfile file [-speed N] use a dumpfile (produced by "tcpdump -w") as input. The speed option specifies the acceleration factor of the replay speed. -yscale ('K'|'M'|n) change the scale of y-axis. 'K' and 'M' represent 1000 and 1000000 respectively. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: ttt To listen only on interface eth0: ttt -interface eth0 AUTHORS
ttt was written by Kenjiro Cho < kjc@csl.sony.co.jp>. This manual page was written by Thomas Scheffczyk <thomas.scheffczyk@verwaltung.uni-mainz.de>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
tttview(1), tttprobe(1) Kenjiro Cho 1.7 ttt(1)