Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to figure out what each IP address is used for? Post 302393799 by pludi on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 03:42:40 PM
Old 02-09-2010
OK, so for any non-Linux UNIX:
Code:
LANG=C netstat -a -n -f inet | grep -E '^(udp|tcp)' | grep 'LISTEN'

Should be valid on BSD (including MacOS X), Solaris, and HP-UX.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i can not figure this out

I am having problems scripting in UNIX. I am currently attending school and for the first time I am being introduced to scripting. My problem is I am supposed to enhance the spell_check by adding a third optional argument. The third argument is to specify a list of words to be added to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steph
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

figure it out

hi there i am new to this site and this linux and unix stuff so kind of plz help me out hoe to start the stuff.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cool_dude
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't figure out else not matching

All, I appreciate any help you can provide on this. I get an "else unmatched" error with this code and can't figure out why. If I remove the 1st if statement through the 1st else the script runs through fine. Any thoughts? #decrypt file sudo -u gpg /usr/bin/gpg... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: peteroc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cant figure out this..

Hi, I need a little help here. I am exporting user info from a PSQL database and everything is working with the exception of this: 10029008:dsAuthMethodStandard\:dsAuthClearText:classword:10029008:2004:10029008:10029008:/home/student/1002/90/08:10029008 It is putting a colon right before the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stud33
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

How do I figure out the subnet?

Hi, How do I get subnet from this: 10.252.0.138/25 Tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Panic kernal-mode address fault on user address 0x14

:) Firstly Hi all!!, im NEW!! and on here hoping that someone might be able to offer me some help... i have a server that keeps crashing every few days with the error message: PANIC KERNAL-MODE ADDRESS FAULT ON USER ADDRESS 0X14 KERNAL PAGE FAULT FROM (CS:EIP)=(100:EF71B5BD) EAX=EF822000... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Twix
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure this one out --

I'm putting together a shell script while I'm learning UNIX -- just for myself. It's a little script that simply takes some vendor names and writes them to a file. So far I'm at the stage where the user enters the name of the file and places it in a folder called vendorlists: * ) touch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't figure out why this repeats

#!/bin/sh while IFS=: read address port; do : ${port:=443} address=$address port=$port cd $f_location number=`grep "$address" thing.txt -A 1 | grep "addresses=" | cut -d'"' -f2` echo "$address,$port,$number,$answer" >>... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shade917
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with change significant figure to normal figure command

Hi, Below is my input file: Long list of significant figure 1.757E-4 7.51E-3 5.634E-5 . . . Desired output file: 0.0001757 0.00751 0.00005634 . . . (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

C program to detect duplicate ip address if any after assigning ip address to ethernet interface

Hi , Could someone let me know how to detect duplicate ip address after assigning ip address to ethernet interface using c program (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopi Krishna P
3 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)