Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Syntax Problem in Query
Top Forums Programming Syntax Problem in Query Post 302393743 by gregarion on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 12:48:13 PM
Old 02-09-2010
Syntax Problem in Query

Hey guys, i am having a problem in my query statement. I am using Mysql in Netbeans and c++.

What i am trying to do is for the user to enter a certain value and then the program will store the value into the database...

Code:
string NewMovie ;

Cout <<" Enter your new movie  : " << endl ; 
 cin << NewMovie ;

Basically, the person will enter a new movie(in this case Avatar) and the input will be saved to a string called NewMovie.

Here is when my problem starts...How do i input this variable into an insert sql statement. I check my statement and i tried hardcoding my data like this...
Code:
  mysql_query(conn,"INSERT INTO movie_info (movie_title , values ('Avatar')"   );

The database will be updated. But if im using a variable called NewMovie, what can i do for it to be able to be read by the query?

I read up Cstring and ostreamstring but i do not get how they are used. Could sombody show me using the the example i gave above how i can solve my problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

dear friends, I have a large size file containg two fields data like this *** **** 122 222 ***** ***** ***** ***** 232 233 i have file like this. i want to remove blank lines from file . i think awk is servive this problem i wrote a awk command but the error is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem

Dear friends, I am writing shell script in csh . i want to make arthimatic operation in csh. i wrote sysntax like this. set val = 230 set tmp = `0.1 * $val + 300` echo $tmp but it is not working . anyone please give me syntax. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax query

cat > $file <<OP1 #line 1 #some commands OP1#last lineHi, i came across the above shell code, but i don't understand the purpose of the first line and and last line,especially the effect of putting a tag( OP1) , can anyone advise me their purpose? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax problem grepping?

I am calculating a time and appending a space in front of it to get only certain records in a file because the times are represented in HH:II:SS format and I don't want to see anything other than the actual hour and minute combination (hence appending the space to the front of the time). My... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsimpg1
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Sed Syntax problem

I have one File named "txt_file" # cat txt_file <DBType>RT</DBType> <AppType>RT</AppType> -------------------------------------------------- I want replace "<AppType>RT</AppType>" to <AppType>XY</AppType> in txt_file and output redirect to Newfile ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayLinux
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with if-else syntax

I'm calling the following if-else from nawk. But I keep getting an error at the "else". I've tried putting more brackets and ; but still I get complaints about the "else". Any ideas ? Thanks, wbrunc BEGIN { FS = "," ; OFS = "," } { if ( $8 ~ /A/ && $9 == B ) $1="4/29/2013" ; $2="J.Doe"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbrunc
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk syntax problem

Hi, I am using this awk command in my shell script : find . -name "*" -ctime -6 | xargs cat | grep -E -v ^fileName\|^\(\) | awk -v DATE="${CURR_DATE}" -v DATE_LOG=$DATE_SYS 'BEGIN {FS=";";OFS=";";CONVFMT="%.9g";OFMT="%.9g"}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi1988sri
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk problem with syntax

awk -v sw="lemons|dogs" 'NR>100 && NR<200 BEGIN { c=split(sw,a,""); } { for (w in a) { if ($0 ~ a) d]++; } } END { for (i in a) { o=o (a"="(d]?d]:0)","); } sub(",*$","",o); print o; }' /home/jahitt/data.txt what am i doing wrong with the above code? im pretty sure the issue is in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Syntax problem Oracle

Hi All, I have a syntax problem with a procedure in oracle. I am looking to just produce the number of rows from each table located in the HR schema nothing complex. This procedure works great up to dbms_output.put_line(tab_var); where it lists the names of each table in the user schema. My... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdby
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash syntax problem

Hello! i try to understand the art of bash scripting but unfortunately, more i try and less i understand it. Can someone tell me how i can learn its logic? i will give you an example why its making me crazy. Look at this basic script: my for loops are working like this, but it took me more than... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sablista
10 Replies
SQLITE_ESCAPE_STRING(3) 												   SQLITE_ESCAPE_STRING(3)

sqlite_escape_string - Escapes a string for use as a query parameter

SYNOPSIS
string sqlite_escape_string (string $item) DESCRIPTION
sqlite_escape_string(3) will correctly quote the string specified by $item for use in an SQLite SQL statement. This includes doubling up single-quote characters ( ') and checking for binary-unsafe characters in the query string. Although the encoding makes it safe to insert the data, it will render simple text comparisons and LIKE clauses in your queries unusable for the columns that contain the binary data. In practice, this shouldn't be a problem, as your schema should be such that you don't use such things on binary columns (in fact, it might be better to store binary data using other means, such as in files). PARAMETERS
o $item - The string being quoted. If the $item contains a NUL character, or if it begins with a character whose ordinal value is 0x01, PHP will apply a binary encoding scheme so that you can safely store and retrieve binary data. RETURN VALUES
Returns an escaped string for use in an SQLite SQL statement. NOTES
Note Do not use this function to encode the return values from UDF's created using sqlite_create_function(3) or sqlite_create_aggre- gate(3) - use sqlite_udf_encode_binary(3) instead. Warning addslashes(3) should NOT be used to quote your strings for SQLite queries; it will lead to strange results when retrieving your data. SEE ALSO
sqlite_udf_encode_binary(3). PHP Documentation Group SQLITE_ESCAPE_STRING(3)