Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NDR generated by recipient Exchange server complaining about Return DNS Post 302393571 by wbdevilliers on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 06:32:06 AM
Old 02-09-2010
Question NDR generated by recipient Exchange server complaining about Return DNS

Hi guys

We have a client that gets NDR mails when sending emails to the domain "recipient.com"

My client's domain is "client.com"

My Client setup:

Server 2003 Domain
Front end Back end Exchange 2003 Standard SP2
1 Linux Firewall/Router

The NDR contains:

Code:
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'user@recipient' on 1/22/2010 12:07 PM

There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server.  Please contact your system administrator.

<exchange_primary.client.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 No RDNS entry for 192.168.0.xxx (IP of the Firewall)>

Now I know this error is caused by the fact that we do not have a RDNS entry for the domain/exchange/firewall.

I would like to know where this RDNS entry must be made. The receiving exchange server tries to do a RDNS lookup on the FQDN of the primary exchange server, but this resolves to the Linux Firewall's external IP address.

Where must I make the change then?

I did not set up the environment so not 100% sure.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting to an Exchange Server

Hi, I have installed Redhat 7.3 on my desktop at work and was wondering whether I can set up my mail in KDE(Kmail, Mozilla Mail etc) to connect to a microsoft exchange server. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: camerja1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Exchange Server

I've got a question regarding setting up mail between two unix boxes. Is it possible to setup two boxes conected via a hub and allow them to send mail using the Netscape Messenger. I know that I can be done so using the UNIX sendmail but I need to connect them via Messenger as my ultimate goal is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GlockCW
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

Telneting from HP-UX to MS Exchange Server

Am having issues telneting from a HP-UX server to a MS Exchange Server,please can anyoune help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paye
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris DNS Client For Microsoft DNS Server

hey guys, how to add soalris box as a microsoft DNS Client ? and how to register in the microsoft DNS ?? i managed to query from the DNS server after adding /etc/resolve.conf and editing /etc/nsswitch.conf but i need to register the soalris server (dns Client) into Microsoft DNS automatically.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mduweik
3 Replies

5. AIX

Relay to Exchange Server

AIX 5.3 Domain: domainna Exchange Server: ex05.domainname.com Our emails that are generated from Unix going to the "outside world" are now being rejected by most hosts. The current relay is listed as user@domainna. Here is a snippet from the log... 1356561:Aug 21 08:04:05 domainna... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewsc
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DNS server choice: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND

I'd like to get some opnions on choosing DNS server: Windows DNS vs Linux BIND comparrsion: 1) managment, easy of use 2) Security 3) features 4) peformance 5) ?? I personally prefer Windows DNS server for management, it supports GUI and command line. But I am not sure about security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honglus
2 Replies

7. AIX

Exchange one server to another

Hi people, In my work i have 2 P595 server (P595A and P595B) i need to exchange one server from P595A to P595B and one from P595B to P595A, i know the best way to do this is make a mksysb copy of the system and restore it on another but, in this process i dont need to exchange all the server,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anonymouzz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email from sendmail on AIX using exchange server as SMTP server

i am new in AIX i am trying to write a script to take a backup for specific files on server to and check error log if backup success send email to administrator , script done except for sending mail , i try to configure sendmail on aix to use our exchange server to send emails but still get error... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_salah
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Emails sent from Linux server are rejected by recipient

Hello i have this longterm issue which im unable to solve, i think this is quite simple issue, i hope you may know the cause It is on CentOS Redhat server with qmail installed. # service qmail status # service qmail start Starting Qmail: # ps aux | grep mail qmails 1688 0.0 0.0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

10. Solaris

DNS client added to DNS server but not working

Hi, We have built a new server (RHEL VM)and added that IP/hostname into dns zone configs file on DNS server (Solaris 10). Reloaded the configuration using and added nameserver into resolv.conf on client. But when I am trying nslookup, its not getting resolved. The nameserver is not able to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
8 Replies
Server::Relay(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Server::Relay(3pm)

NAME
Net::SMTP::Server::Relay - A simple relay module for Net::SMTP::Server. SYNOPSIS
use Carp; use Net::SMTP::Server; use Net::SMTP::Server::Client; use Net::SMTP::Server::Relay; $server = new Net::SMTP::Server('localhost', 25) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); while($conn = $server->accept()) { # We can perform all sorts of checks here for spammers, ACLs, # and other useful stuff to check on a connection. # Handle the client's connection and spawn off a new parser. # This can/should be a fork() or a new thread, # but for simplicity... my $client = new Net::SMTP::Server::Client($conn) || croak("Unable to handle client connection: $! "); # Process the client. This command will block until # the connecting client completes the SMTP transaction. $client->process || next; # In this simple server, we're just relaying everything # to a server. If a real server were implemented, you # could save email to a file, or perform various other # actions on it here. my $relay = new Net::SMTP::Server::Relay($client->{FROM}, $client->{TO}, $client->{MSG}); } DESCRIPTION
The Net::SMTP::Server::Relay module implements simple SMTP relaying for use with the Net::SMTP::Server module. All this module does is to take a given message and iterate through the list of recipients, doing DNS lookups for the associated MX record and delivering the messages. This module makes extensive use of the plethora of other modules already implemented for Perl (specifically the DNS and Net::SMTP modules in this case), and should give but a glimpse of the potential for extending the Net::SMTP::Server's functionality to provide a full-featured SMTP server, native to Perl. The above example illustrates the use of the Net::SMTP::Server::Relay modules -- you simply have to instantiate the module, passing along the sender, recipients, and message. More formally: $relay = new Net::SMTP::Server::Relay($from, @to, $msg); Where $from is the sender, @to is an array containing the list of recipients, and $msg is the message to relay. AUTHOR AND COPYRIGHT Net::SMTP::Server / SMTP::Server is Copyright(C) 1999, MacGyver (aka Habeeb J. Dihu) <macgyver@tos.net>. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. You may distribute this package under the terms of either the GNU General Public License or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
Net::SMTP::Server::Server, Net::SMTP::Server::Client perl v5.10.1 1999-12-28 Server::Relay(3pm)