Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufsrestore will not boot
Operating Systems Solaris ufsrestore will not boot Post 302393545 by incredible on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 05:21:54 AM
Old 02-09-2010
Boot system to cdrom. Mount disk device.
Change the vfstab entries to point raw device "/dev/dsk /dev/rdsk". Remove the md, rootdev entries in the system file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsrestore -i

Hi there, I have a problem at the moment trying to restore a directory from a Super DLT tape with about 3 weeks worth of backups on it. I need to be able to get the last backup performed on this tape but using ufsrestore -i it only restores the first backup which is no good to me. There is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore, revisited

I just installed solaris 9 on a sunblade 150(sparc), and have it partitioned. I've been using ufsrestore to restore bring the config from my old system, to the sunblade. I'm not having any luck. The root directory restore seems to work. When I try to restore /usr, I get an "/usr/sbin/fsck not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore?

I'm trying to restore a server from a backup tape. I've partitioned my drive, and I've run into a problem; After extracting everything from the tape, It seems as if only the directory structure is intact. Here are my steps: 1. booted from cdrom to single user mode boot cdrom -s 2. used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus, I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:- /, /usr, /oracle, /export, /sapr3, I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
5 Replies

7. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How do you ufsrestore the fast way?

hi, on my sol9 box i create my backup using the below command: /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u2 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u3 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 now on the new sol10 box, to restore i use this commands: cd /u1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ufsrestore

Good Afternoon, I'm going to attempt a ufsrestore of a Solaris 9 machine from a connected NAS containing the ufsdumps. The idea is to be able to take ufsdumps of a failed machine (machine 1), and use them to set up a backup machine (machine 2). (I'm testing for disaster recovery) Note... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
52 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on Solaris 9

Good Morning, I'm running through a Solaris 9 ufsrestore process on a Sunblade 2500 that folks here helped me write a year ago. Here: https://www.unix.com/303011447-post11.html Hicksd8 tells me to # rm restoresymtable. I see this file in the other slices as well. Do I remove it from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies
BOOT.CONFIG(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    BOOT.CONFIG(5)

NAME
boot.config -- Configuration file for the boot blocks DESCRIPTION
The boot.config file contains options for the FreeBSD boot block code. When the FreeBSD boot loader runs, it searches the ``a'' slice of the boot partition for a boot.config file (as a result, slices which are missing an ``a'' partition require user intervention during the boot process). If the boot.config file is found, its contents are used as the default configuration options for the boot block code and are echoed to the system console. A valid format of this file is to put BIOS drive number, a controller type, a unit number, a partition, a kernel file name, and any other valid boot(8) option on a single line, as it is done at the ``boot:'' prompt. The options related to the boot image selection described below and all the other options available for boot.config are documented in detail in the boot(8) manual page. FILES
/boot.config parameters for the boot blocks (optional) EXAMPLES
The command: # echo "-P" > /boot.config will activate the serial console of FreeBSD. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader" > /boot.config will instruct the second stage of boot(8) on the first disk to boot with the third boot(8) stage from the second disk. The command: # echo "1:ad(1,a)/boot/loader -P" > /boot.config will do both of the above. SEE ALSO
boot(8), loader(8) AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Daniel Gerzo <danger@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
May 13, 2007 BSD