Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Error - Creation remote printer Post 302393487 by ITHelper on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 02:11:41 AM
Old 02-09-2010
File got corrupted and I fixed it.. It’s OK now
ITHelper

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

remote printer with ip.

Hello gurus. I need to print in a computer client. I use telnet to connect to my sco server, and I want to print in my local client printer with lp -d local_client_printer file1. I use XLPD in my local machine. Well, I want to add another printer like that. Where can I found information... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patito
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Banner on remote printer

Hi all, i have a Sun Solaris server ( Sun OS 5.5.1 ) , and few windows machines accessing it using exceed humming bird software ( 6.1 ). I have a EPSON printer connected to one of the PCs, and I am using Exceed LPD daemon for printing. Whenever I trigger a print command from Sun server,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
2 Replies

3. AIX

remote printer

please, i would like to know ,how can i use a remote printer shared by a jet direct or which strg may use to connect with a remote printer using ip and windows network (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinpina
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote directory creation

Is there a way to create a directory in some remote location from a local location? I understand that we can use 'rcp' to copy a local file to a remote location. I am looking for a command in similar lines which lets us create directories in remote locations. Could someone help? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivay
5 Replies

5. Solaris

How to disable remote printer

Hi all, On Solaris 8.2 I have several printers controled via LPD so they are defined with systemnames. The problem is I can't disable them as I could in Unix V with the disable command. Is there a way to do this however? Thank in advance! :) Peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nulnul7
2 Replies

6. AIX

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2

how to setup a remote printer in aix 5.2 i have an aix 5.2 os and need to setup a remote printer off of it need help on how it is done (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itivanh
2 Replies

7. AIX

Unable to set remote printer in AIX

Hi all, I am a beginner in AIX. I am facing a problem with remote printing in AIX. HP laser jet 1320 printer is connected to a printer server (PCI Mini - 100U3), which is configured as remote printer from AIX server. But I am not able to print from the AIX server by using "lp -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rainy
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remote printer service

The IT auditors have pointed some of my boxes (SUSE, Solaris 10 and AIX) have remote printer service running and that is a potent security violation. I am confused what is remote printer service and how do I disable the same. I need the help. A prompt response is appreciable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranasarkar
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Remote printer setup on solaris 10 host

Hi All, I am trying setup a remote printer on a solaris 10 server. The printer is online and working fine is solaris 8. I have added the pritner to /etc/hosts file and /etc/printers.conf ... I need to know followings: 1. How do I find the default pritner port on the old solaris machine... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohullah
0 Replies

10. Red Hat

To change of remote printer font style

How can I change the remote printer font style as its been printing in a non readable format. Is it possible to change it from the server console. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
0 Replies
File::CheckTree(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				      File::CheckTree(3pm)

NAME
File::CheckTree - run many filetest checks on a tree SYNOPSIS
use File::CheckTree; $num_warnings = validate( q{ /vmunix -e || die /boot -e || die /bin cd csh -ex csh !-ug sh -ex sh !-ug /usr -d || warn "What happened to $file? " }); DESCRIPTION
The validate() routine takes a single multiline string consisting of directives, each containing a filename plus a file test to try on it. (The file test may also be a "cd", causing subsequent relative filenames to be interpreted relative to that directory.) After the file test you may put "|| die" to make it a fatal error if the file test fails. The default is "|| warn". The file test may optionally have a "!' prepended to test for the opposite condition. If you do a cd and then list some relative filenames, you may want to indent them slightly for readability. If you supply your own die() or warn() message, you can use $file to interpolate the filename. Filetests may be bunched: "-rwx" tests for all of "-r", "-w", and "-x". Only the first failed test of the bunch will produce a warning. The routine returns the number of warnings issued. AUTHOR
File::CheckTree was derived from lib/validate.pl which was written by Larry Wall. Revised by Paul Grassie <grassie@perl.com> in 2002. HISTORY
File::CheckTree used to not display fatal error messages. It used to count only those warnings produced by a generic "|| warn" (and not those in which the user supplied the message). In addition, the validate() routine would leave the user program in whatever directory was last entered through the use of "cd" directives. These bugs were fixed during the development of perl 5.8. The first fixed version of File::CheckTree was 4.2. perl v5.12.1 2010-04-26 File::CheckTree(3pm)