Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare File Differences in different directories Post 302393467 by manijash on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 01:10:24 AM
Old 02-09-2010
HP-UX B.11.23 Performance Monitor tool ?

Is this application for HP-UX ?

Last edited by manijash; 02-09-2010 at 02:33 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

du -s -k differences between two identical directories

I tarred a directory from a linux server to a solaris server. When I do a du -s -k on the directory, I get almost 150k difference in the file sizes. If I do a ls | wc -l, it is the same. If I look at the size of the individual files, it is the same. I did an ls on the 2 directories and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: csgonan
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare File Names in Different Directories...

I do not know much about shell scripting and need to create a script and I am at a loss. If someone can help me, that would be great!! I have two directories: /dir1 /dir2 I need to get the sequence number which is part of the filename in /dir1 and delete all files in /dir2 that are... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stky13
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two text files and Only show the differences

Hi experts, I'mvery new to shell scripting and learning it now currently i am having a problem which may look easy to u :) i have two files File 1: Start :Thu Nov 19 10:33:09 2009 ABCDGFSDJ.txt APDemoNew.ppt APDemoOutline.doc ARDemoNew.ppt ARDemoOutline.doc File 2: Start... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: CelvinSaran
10 Replies

4. HP-UX

Compare 2 systems to find any differences

Hi there, I have 2 machines running HP-UX. One off these controllers is able to send mail and the other cannot. I have looked at all the settings that I know and coannot find any differences. Is there a way to audit the 2 machinces by pulling all the settings then compare any differences? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodey
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 directories

Hi, I am trying to write a script under ksh to list all the differences between two directories. For example: # ls test1 test2 I need to compare all the files under between test1 & test2. When I do diff, it only compares the diectoires but it doesn't check inside. I did do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare and merging the differences in text file

Hi i have gone through some sdiff command it shows the differences side by side and its really awesome file 1: this tool is for checking the differ merging with flower pots documentation file 2: this t ool is for checking the differ mergin g with flower pots documentation ... (27 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
27 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to compare the two files and list out differences between the two

Hi, I need to compare the two files and list out difference between the two. Please assist. Best regards, Vishal (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare two big files for differences using Linux

Hello everybody Looking for help in comparing two files in Linux(files are big 800MB each). Example:- File1 has below data $ cat file1 5,6,3 2.1.4 1,1,1 8,9,1 File2 has below data $ cat file2 5,6,3 8,9,8 1,2,1 2,1,4 (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanul karim
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare directories and copy differences (files) in a another directory

Hey im working on script that can compare 2 directory and check difference, then copy difference files in third diretory. here is the story: in folder one we have 12 subfolder and in each of them near 500 images hosted. 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 in folder 2 we have same subfolder... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
2 Replies
XtCreateApplicationContext(3)					   XT FUNCTIONS 				     XtCreateApplicationContext(3)

NAME
XtCreateApplicationContext, XtDestroyApplicationContext, XtWidgetToApplicationContext, XtToolkitInitialize - create, destroy, and obtain an application context SYNTAX
XtAppContext XtCreateApplicationContext(void); void XtDestroyApplicationContext(XtAppContext app_context); XtAppContext XtWidgetToApplicationContext(Widget w); void XtToolkitInitialize(void); ARGUMENTS
app_context Specifies the application context. w Specifies the widget . DESCRIPTION
The XtCreateApplicationContext function returns an application context, which is an opaque type. Every application must have at least one application context. The XtDestroyApplicationContext function destroys the specified application context as soon as it is safe to do so. If called from with an event dispatch (for example, a callback procedure), XtDestroyApplicationContext does not destroy the application context until the dispatch is complete. The XtWidgetToApplicationContext function returns the application context for the specified widget. The XtToolkitInitialize function initializes the Intrinsics internals. If XtToolkitInitialize was previously called it returns immedi- ately. SEE ALSO
XtDisplayInitialize(3) X Toolkit Intrinsics - C Language Interface Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libXt 1.1.3 XtCreateApplicationContext(3)