Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ufsrestore will not boot
Operating Systems Solaris ufsrestore will not boot Post 302393410 by TonyFullerMalv on Monday 8th of February 2010 05:28:17 PM
Old 02-08-2010
I think you will find you will need to undo what SDS did to the /etc/system and /etc/vfstab files while the root disk is still mounted as /mnt2.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ufsrestore -i

Hi there, I have a problem at the moment trying to restore a directory from a Super DLT tape with about 3 weeks worth of backups on it. I need to be able to get the last backup performed on this tape but using ufsrestore -i it only restores the first backup which is no good to me. There is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerwhelan
4 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore

on sparc solaris 2.8 hosts, HOSTB, after changing to /dir1 need to: connect to tape drive on HostA. change directory to /dir0/dir1 on tape and restore everything under that path to /dir1 directory. could i get help?. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S26+
1 Replies

3. Solaris

ufsrestore, revisited

I just installed solaris 9 on a sunblade 150(sparc), and have it partitioned. I've been using ufsrestore to restore bring the config from my old system, to the sunblade. I'm not having any luck. The root directory restore seems to work. When I try to restore /usr, I get an "/usr/sbin/fsck not... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
4 Replies

4. Solaris

ufsrestore revisited,,

in ufsrestore how do i know which volume my selected folder or file exist?. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: S26+
4 Replies

5. Solaris

ufsrestore?

I'm trying to restore a server from a backup tape. I've partitioned my drive, and I've run into a problem; After extracting everything from the tape, It seems as if only the directory structure is intact. Here are my steps: 1. booted from cdrom to single user mode boot cdrom -s 2. used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Using ufsdump and ufsrestore

HI Gurus, I have a sunfire V445 server running SAP ECC 6.0 with an Oracle database on Solaris 9 (SunOS 5.9). I recently completed a ufsdump to tape of the following files:- /, /usr, /oracle, /export, /sapr3, I want to restore these files from tape onto a different server of the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: charleywasharo
5 Replies

7. Solaris

ufsrestore

Hi , I accidentally deleted crontab entries and I need to restore back urgently ! we use a ufsdump with 0cfu option. I like to know how to restrore / retrieve to different location for crontab file only from the backup. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skully
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How do you ufsrestore the fast way?

hi, on my sol9 box i create my backup using the below command: /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u1 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u2 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u3 /usr/sbin/ufsdump 0uf /dev/rmt/0n /u4 now on the new sol10 box, to restore i use this commands: cd /u1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ufsrestore

Good Afternoon, I'm going to attempt a ufsrestore of a Solaris 9 machine from a connected NAS containing the ufsdumps. The idea is to be able to take ufsdumps of a failed machine (machine 1), and use them to set up a backup machine (machine 2). (I'm testing for disaster recovery) Note... (52 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
52 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on Solaris 9

Good Morning, I'm running through a Solaris 9 ufsrestore process on a Sunblade 2500 that folks here helped me write a year ago. Here: https://www.unix.com/303011447-post11.html Hicksd8 tells me to # rm restoresymtable. I see this file in the other slices as well. Do I remove it from... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies
quotaon(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       quotaon(1M)

NAME
quotaon, quotaoff - turn ufs file system quotas on and off SYNOPSIS
quotaon [-v] filesystem... quotaon -a [-v] quotaoff [-v] filesystem... quotaoff -a [-v] DESCRIPTION
quotaon turns on disk quotas for one or more ufs file systems. Before a file system may have quotas enabled, a file named quotas, owned by root, must exist in the root directory of the file system. See edquota(1M) for details on how to modify the contents of this file. quotaoff turns off disk quotas for one or more ufs file systems. The file systems specified must already be mounted. These commands update the mntopts field of the appropriate entries in /etc/mnttab to indicate when quotas are on or off for each file sys- tem. If quotas are on, the string quota will be added to mntopts; if quotas are off, the quota string is not present. filesystem must be either the mount point of a file system, or the block device on which the file system resides. OPTIONS
quotaon -a This option is normally used at boot time to enable quotas. It applies only to those file systems in /etc/vfstab which have ``rq'' in the mntopts field, are currently mounted ``rw'', and have a quotas file in the root directory. -v Display a message for each file system after quotas are turned on. quotaoff -a Force all file systems in /etc/mnttab to have their quotas disabled. -v Display a message for each file system affected. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of quotaon and quotaoff when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2^31 bytes). FILES
/etc/mnttab mounted file systems /etc/vfstab list of default parameters for each file system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
edquota(1M), quota(1M), quotacheck(1M), repquota(1M), mnttab(4), vfstab(4), attributes(5), largefile(5), quotactl(7I) SunOS 5.11 16 Sep 1996 quotaon(1M)