Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Storage Migration on Solaris server Post 302393406 by kamaldeep1986 on Monday 8th of February 2010 04:50:19 PM
Old 02-08-2010
Storage Migration on Solaris server

Hi All,

I need your help urgently.

Below I have given the brief description of the Architecture and the Problem.

The brief details of the architecture:

We have 5 Containers(Non-Global Zones) running on one T5220 Box. The Global Zone is running Solaris 10.
The Non-global Zones are running Solaris 8/9/10.
All the Non-Global zones are present in /Npbsunh2 File-system on the Global Zone.
We are planning to follow the following steps in order to migrate the /Npbsunh2 filesystem from one storage to another.
Bring down all Non-Global Zones(running on /Npbsunh2 file-system).
Take the cold-backup of /Npbsunh2 Filesystem.
Unmount the /Npbsunh2 File-system.
Mount the new LUN(disk) on /Npbsunh2.
Restore the cold Backup on /Npbsunh2.
Bring up all Non-Global Zones.
Please let me know, if this procedure seems fool-proof.
Please suggest if there's some better way to perform the migration.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,
Kamaldeep Singh

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Veritas Storage Question (Data Migration)

Using Solaris 10 with Veritas Storage Foundation running. I want to copy all contents from DISKA LUN1 to DISKB LUN2. What would be the command syntax to do this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: soupbone38
0 Replies

2. Solaris

SAN Storage to solaris 10 server

Hi, I have configured our SAN Storage to be connected to our new SUN T5220. On the SAn it looks all fine on the server I do not see any connection: cfgadm -al Ap_Id Type Receptacle Occupant Condition c1 scsi-bus connected ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manni2
4 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Server migration from samba+ldap to windows server 2003

Hi, i have a server installed samba+openldap (pdc). Need to migration windows server 2003 (active directory) object users, computers. Where you can read how to do it? Or can tell me how to do it? Thanks. P.S. Sorry for bad english (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ap0st0l
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Storage migration: zones and metasets

Hi all, I'm in a situation which i need to understand the best way of doing a migration of storage involved in a zone.Elements involved are solaris 10 (Generic_144488-08), metasets. I need to provision more storage to the said non-global zone and not aware of the "best practices" from the ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ossupport55
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Migration of Solaris 10 on physical host to Solaris Zones

Hi All Kindly let me know how can I move Solaris 10 OS running update 10 on physical machine to another machine solaris zone running Solaris 10 update 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amity
2 Replies

6. Hardware

Storage migration from VMAX to VNXHe

Hello, We are considering storage migration for RAC database servers(using ASM) from VMAX to VNX? Any good/bad pointers in this regards please. Best regards, Vishal (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: admin_db
1 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)