Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Passing command line argument between shell's Post 302393294 by zivsegal on Monday 8th of February 2010 10:43:11 AM
Old 02-08-2010
Thanks for your reply.
But when I pass them more then one(e.g in a recursive routine) it became inconvenient.

Regards,
Ziv

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing the command line argument in a variable

Hi, I am new to unix. Is their a way to pass the output of the line below to a variable var1. ls -1t | head -1. I am trying something like var1=ls -1t | head -1, but I get error. Situation is: I get file everyday through FTP in my unix box. I have to write a script that picks up first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a command line argument

I have a shell script which does the encryption of a file where i am passing the file name as a command line argument,but later on the script waits on the screen to enter Y or N what is the command i should be using on the shell script #!/bin/bash -x outfilename=file.out echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with the argument passing Through Command line

$$$$$ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing command output as an argument to a shell script

Hi, I have a very small requirement where i need to pass command output as an argument while invoking the shell script.. I need to call like this sh testscript.sh ' ls -t Appl*and*abc* | head -n 1' This will list one file name as ana argument.. I will be using "$1" in the shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pssandeep
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for ftp files passed in command line argument

i want to write a shell script function that will ftp the files passed in the command line . i have written a shell script for ftp but how will it do for all files passed in command line argument , i am passing 4 files as argument ./ftp.sh file1 file2 file3 file4 code written by me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rateeshkumar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing value as a command line argument in awk script.

I have one working awk command line. Which taking data from the “J1202523.TXT” file and generating the “brazil.dat” file. PFB code. awk '{ DUNS = substr($0,0,9);if ( substr($0,14,3) == "089" ) print DUNS }' J1202523.TXT > Brazil.dat But now I want to pass two parameter as a command line argument... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: humaemo
4 Replies

7. Programming

Passing argument to command in C

Hello all, New to C and I'm trying to write a program which can run a unix command. Would like to have the option of giving the user the ability to enter arguments e.g for "ls" be able to run "ls -l". I would appreciate any help. Thanks #include <stdio.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: effizy
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing either of argument, not both in shell

Hi, I have a requirement to work on script, it should take either of arguments. wrote it as below. #!/bin/bash usage() { echo "$0: missing argument OR invalid option ! Usage : $0 -m|-r|-d } while getopts mrdvh opt; do case "$opt" in m) monitor_flag=monitor;;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramanaraoeee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies
GLFRONTFACE(3G) 						  [FIXME: manual]						   GLFRONTFACE(3G)

NAME
glFrontFace - define front- and back-facing polygons C SPECIFICATION
void glFrontFace(GLenum mode); PARAMETERS
mode Specifies the orientation of front-facing polygons. GL_CW and GL_CCW are accepted. The initial value is GL_CCW. DESCRIPTION
In a scene composed entirely of opaque closed surfaces, back-facing polygons are never visible. Eliminating these invisible polygons has the obvious benefit of speeding up the rendering of the image. To enable and disable elimination of back-facing polygons, call glEnable() and glDisable() with argument GL_CULL_FACE. The projection of a polygon to window coordinates is said to have clockwise winding if an imaginary object following the path from its first vertex, its second vertex, and so on, to its last vertex, and finally back to its first vertex, moves in a clockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. The polygon's winding is said to be counterclockwise if the imaginary object following the same path moves in a counterclockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. glFrontFace specifies whether polygons with clockwise winding in window coordinates, or counterclockwise winding in window coordinates, are taken to be front-facing. Passing GL_CCW to mode selects counterclockwise polygons as front-facing; GL_CW selects clockwise polygons as front-facing. By default, counterclockwise polygons are taken to be front-facing. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet() with argument GL_FRONT_FACE SEE ALSO
glCullFace(), COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1991-2006 Silicon Graphics, Inc. This document is licensed under the SGI Free Software B License. For details, see http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLFRONTFACE(3G)