Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Help with solaris files backup Post 302393260 by incredible on Monday 8th of February 2010 09:16:40 AM
Old 02-08-2010
can you do rmformat -l after you plug in the usb?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris backup

i would like to know if i can use solstice backup 5.5 to do my solaris 2.6 backup. I would also like to know what other solstice backup versions there are and the O/S they support. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

backup on solaris

i get this funny message after inserting my enabler code and authorization code for my solstice backup device; Create failed:'Cannot create new NSR schedule with Solstice Backup SingleServer'. This happens whenever i want to create customized settings on my nwadmin interface. Please what do i... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lealyz
11 Replies

3. Solaris

creating log files for a backup script on solaris

I have a simple backup script that I am running to back up drives across the network. However I need to have detailed log files for this script such as time backup started, what was backed up, if there were any errors and the time that the backup was complete. I would also like the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valicon
3 Replies

4. Solaris

backup on solaris 5.4

Hy everybody, I would like to know how i can do a backup or an equivalent of a ghost image like on Windows but for Solaris 5,4. I know there is the command flar or flarcreate but it doesn't work on Solaris 5,4. If someone have a idea to help me please. Thanks a lot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blacknight29
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 OS backup

i have taken flash image ot my solaris server (Server2) with the following command "flarcreate -S -n server2 /home/server2.flar". can any one tel me how to restore it in the same server when it crashes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj.chinnu
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to BackUp Solaris 5.8 OS ?

Hi All, How do I BackUp SOLARIS 5.8 (SPARC) OS so that I can re-install again on some other Hard Disk Drive in case of emergency ? (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman_ag
13 Replies

7. Solaris

Backup the Solaris OS

Hi gurus I wish to backup the Solaris OS and ftp to another server disk drive monthly but currently lack of knowledge about this. ** The server is production server. Please assists. =) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Backup files to tape drive on solaris

Hi, I want to take backup of files older than 20 days from a directory onto a tape drive on remote machine on Solaris. The files are of format abc-20100301000000.gz on my local machine. I know the below commands for searching files older than x days and command for backup procedure. solar1 #... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyothi_wipro
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Which are main files to copydor DR backup in Solaris?

Hi all, Which are main files to copydor DR backup in Solaris? I have copied bewo files, is there anything else that is needed to be copied any directires as well, Please suggest. Will following files backup will do the job for building new server exactly like the original one..? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
0 Replies
usb-devices(1)							Linux USB Utilities						    usb-devices(1)

NAME
usb-devices - print USB device details SYNOPSIS
usb-devices DESCRIPTION
usb-devices is a (bash) shell script that can be used to display details of USB buses in the system and the devices connected to them. The output of the script is similar to the usb/devices file available either under /proc/bus (if usbfs is mounted), or under /sys/ker- nel/debug (if debugfs is mounted there). The script is primarily intended to be used if the file is not available. In contrast to the usb/devices file, this script only lists active interfaces (those marked with a "*" in the usb/devices file) and their endpoints. Be advised that there can be differences in the way information is sorted, as well as in the format of the output. RETURN VALUE
If sysfs is not mounted, a non-zero exit code is returned. FILES
/sys/bus/usb/devices/usb* The part of the sysfs tree the script walks through to assemble the printed information. /proc/bus/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernels before 2.6.31, if usbfs is mounted. /sys/kernel/debug/usb/devices Location where the usb/devices file can normally be found for Linux kernel 2.6.31 and later, if debugfs is mounted. SEE ALSO
lsusb(8), usbview(8). AUTHORS
Greg Kroah-Hartman <greg@kroah.com> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> Frans Pop <elendil@planet.nl> usbutils-007 23 June 2009 usb-devices(1)