Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to replace numbers by string Post 302393228 by Michi21609 on Monday 8th of February 2010 09:19:54 AM
Old 02-08-2010
Uhhh!? That looks easy... Smilie I expected more code....

I have to study it! Smilie

Thanks a lot!

---------- Post updated at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:42 AM ----------

Works great! Thanks!

Tread closed!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a random string of numbers

Hi Can someone help me with this one? I have string.. (PROC_PROC_ID == 12183) <--PID is dynamic and i want to replace the PID number with whatever PID from /opt/hpws/apache32_2/logs/httpd.pid file. i'm having problem since the PID on the string is dynamic. It may be 2-5 digits or more. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryandegreat25
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replace US numbers with European numbers

hey, I have a file with numbers in US notation (1,000,000.00) as well as european notation (1.000.000,00) i want all the numbers to be in european notation. the numbers are in a text file, so to prevent that the regex also changes the commas in a sentence/text i thought of: sed 's/,/\./'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FOBoy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Requesting help to replace a string by my bash script

Hello every1, I need help to replace a string in a file by my bash script. Find: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n Replace: log4j.appender.toLogFile.layout.ConversionPattern= %d %5p (%F:%L) - %m%n I tried by sed, but kept... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic4u
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to replace numbers on lines according to condition on the same line

hello everyone my file contains many records, the following is a sample: BEGIN ASX1500000050002010120000000308450201012000177 ASX1100002000000201012000000038450201012000220 ASX1600100005000201012000000038450020101200177 ASX1900100006000201067000000058450020101200177... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neemoze
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to perform string replace in shell script?

I have value like ABCDEF,BBCCDD in a shell variable, now i would like to have ABQWEF,BBQWDD in the same shell variable. How can i replace the char at position 3&4 with QW in shell script? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string ids with unique numbers

Hello, I have a file with a 1000 ids in the form of strings. I want to replace each id with a unique numbers in the whole file. each id is repeating in all the columns. I know I can use sed command but there are many ids in file which are need to be converted example of input file B752... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan9011
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk command to replace a string pattern with another string based on position of this string

here is what i want to achieve... consider a file contains below contents. the file size is large about 60mb cat dump.sql INSERT INTO `table1` (`id`, `action`, `date`, `descrip`, `lastModified`) VALUES (1,'Change','2011-05-05 00:00:00','Account Updated','2012-02-10... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

cant figure out the error in this script (adding numbers in a string) using ubantu shell

hii please help me this is the script num=$1 sum=0 while do x=`expr $num % 10` sum=`expr $sum + $x` num=`expr $num / 10` done echo "Summation is $sum" it is giving error pratyush@ubuntu:~$ sh shell.sh 123 shell.sh: 11: 123: not found Summation is 0 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratyush Sakhle
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to replace a string with pattern read from a file

I have two files blocks.txt and rules.txt. In blocks.txt i have the following entries Linux1 Linux2 Linux3 ..... Linux10 In rules.txt i have the lines where a filename pattern starts like 'blk-name.*' I want to replace 'blk-name' with the names read from blocks.txt file I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jag02
2 Replies
COLORGCCRC(5)							File Formats Manual						     COLORGCCRC(5)

NAME
colorgccrc - configuration file for colorgcc DESCRIPTION
A colorgccrc configuration file is used to configure the highlighting of the compiler output from colorgcc. SYNTAX
Each line consists of a keyword designating a configuration variable. The keyword is followed by `:' and then one or several values (depending on the keyword). Lines beginning with a hash mark `#' are comments. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
g++ | gcc | c++ | cc | g77 | gcj | gnat | gpc Specifies the paths to the compilers. Takes one value; a path to the compiler. nocolor Specifies what terminal types colorization should be disabled on. Takes one or several values, separated by whitespace. srcColor Specifies the highlighting attributes source-code should be given. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. introColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for normal compiler output. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningFileNameColor | errorFileNameColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the filename in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningNumberColor | errorNumberColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the line-number in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. warningMessageColor | errorMessageColor Specifies the highlighting attributes for the message-text in a warning or an error, respectively. Takes one or several color attributes. See the section COLOR ATTRIBUTES for more information. COLOR ATTRIBUTES
The following attributes are valid for highlighting. clear, reset bold, underline, underscore, blink, reverse, concealed black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white on_black, on_red, on_green, on_yellow, on_blue, on_magenta, on_cyan, on_white SEE ALSO
gcc(1), colorgcc(1) HISTORY
Jan 15 2003: Initial version of this manual-page. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <jmoyers@geeks.com> AUTHORS
Jamie Moyers <jmoyers@geeks.com> is the author of colorgcc. This manual page was written by Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>, and modified by David Weinehall <tao@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Jamie Moyers This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Jan 15, 2003 COLORGCCRC(5)