Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source Post 302393186 by coolatt on Monday 8th of February 2010 05:39:25 AM
Old 02-08-2010
rsync - update file on backup when file renamed on source

hi all,

Please help me with rsync.

I configured rsync to preserve timestamps using the -a option.
When i renamed fileA to fileB on source machine I have to copies at the backup server.
The aim is to keep the most recent file.
fileA & fileB has same contents.

When i renamed fileB to fileA on source , fileA is not updated on the backup server.
Can anyone plz help with the rsync options ??

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync help - unable to delete the Source file

Hi All, I am facing problem deleting Source while using the rsync command. rsync --include=*`date --date="-1 day" \+\%Y\%m\%d`* --include=*`date +\%Y\%m\%d`* --exclude=* --delete-after -auvb -e ssh USER@SERVER:SOURCE DESTINATION However the sync happens but not the deletion of the source... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitkhiare
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Why rsync deletes source directory?

Hi I have a strange problem. Sometimes when I execute the below command something wierd happens. rsync -avz -e ssh travegre@travegre.net: ../travegre.net/ the folder named "hm" that is held in travegre.net and is coppied along with all the other folders and data at travegre.net, gets... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: travegre
1 Replies

3. Linux

rsync to backup windows file on a linux box

Hi, Do you know how to pass comand to rsync to backup a windows folder on a linux box? I want to copy c:\\folder from windows to /data/tmp on linux. I dont know how to pass the windows parameter to: rsync -avz 192.168.1.4\c:\\folder /data/tmp Thanks. Charles. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mosndup
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync backup

How do i use Rsync yo pickup only new or modified files from source? I am using rsync -ravzpotu --delete-excluded but sometimes it goes thru all files again (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprool
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split File by Pattern with File Names in Source File... Awk?

Hi all, I'm pretty new to Shell scripting and I need some help to split a source text file into multiple files. The source has a row with pattern where the file needs to be split, and the pattern row also contains the file name of the destination for that specific piece. Here is an example: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cul8er
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file and check for the renamed file existence

Hi Am trying to move a file from one name to another When I do "ls" to check for the moved filename I can see the file but when I try the same with a script am unable.. I think am doing some pretty silly error.. please help.. toMove=`ls | grep -E "partition.+"` mv $toMove partition._org... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync better use for backup

Hello, I have a list of working directory in a remote computer acesssible through ssh and the same directory structure in my home directory of my laptop. I sometimes work on both my laptop and my this other computer. I usually use Rsync this way to synchronize files rsync... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Rsync error while running from destination to source

hi All, i have 2 server setup now for Rsync, i configured Rsync on both of the server and it worked well when i did run from source to destination. and while running back from destination to source it produced this error: bash-3.2$ ksh rsync_bravo_db.ksh usa0300uz1247.apps.mc.xerox.com... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync Error: rsync: link_stat failed: No such file or directory (2)

I wish to copy all the files & folder under /web/Transfer_Files/data/ on mymac1 (Linux) to remote server mybank.intra.com (Solaris 10) /tmp/ location I am using Ansible tool synchronize module which triggers the unix rsync command as below:rsync --delay-updates -F --compress --archive --rsh=ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_rsyncd - Manages an rsync daemon SYNOPSIS
rsyncd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages rsync daemon SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
binpath The rsync binary path. For example, "/usr/bin/rsync" (optional, string, default rsync) conffile The rsync daemon configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/rsyncd.conf" (optional, string, default /etc/rsyncd.conf) bwlimit This option allows you to specify a maximum transfer rate in kilobytes per second. This option is most effective when using rsync with large files (several megabytes and up). Due to the nature of rsync transfers, blocks of data are sent, then if rsync determines the transfer was too fast, it will wait before sending the next data block. The result is an average transfer rate equaling the specified limit. A value of zero specifies no limit. (optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a rsyncd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_rsyncd ocf:heartbeat:rsyncd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/rsyncd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_RSYNCD(7)