Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris gunzip problem! unexpected end of file Post 302393175 by incredible on Monday 8th of February 2010 04:50:45 AM
Old 02-08-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbox
I've checked with MD5Checksum, the codes are different. How to get the entire file?

However, the jakarta-tomcat-5.0.30.tar.gz can be decompressed. Does it affect the performance in Solaris?
whats the connection between decompressing the file and performance of tomcat ?Smilie
To make it simple, re-download the file.
#gunzip <filename>.tar.gz
#tar -xf <filename>.tar > /dev/null &

Try...Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Gunzip : unexpected end of file

Hi, While uncompress , gunzip filename.cpio.gz getting the fg. error gunzip: filename.cpio.gz: unexpected end of file. Whats the problem? Size of this .gz file is 660mb . Thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dolly
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

what do u mean by " 'end of file' unexpected "? i am running a script called "s1" which internally calls "s2" now s1 starts running & at a point (where it is suppose to call "s2") i get a message 'end of file' unexpected.... & my script(s) are not working.. any ideas on this? regards... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhijeetkul
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

gunzip: unexpected end of file

Ok, I sent several gzipped files using the UNIX "mail" utility without any special settings (bad idea). When I saved these files from my mail and tried to gunzip them, I would get something like the following error: gunzip: wmGrep.mel.gz: unexpected end of file Ok, I messed up. But is it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sicjedi
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unexpected end of file

This is the script path=/oracle/ora10gdb/sample archive=/oracle/ora10gdb/archive cd $path for i in `ls`;do mv $i $archive Done Please tell me why it is givind this error (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file unexpected

hi i have error like this' syntax error end of file unexecpeted.and give me the example of cut command as soon as possible: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveeng.81
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HI, I was converting a .bat file to .sh file for unix Code snippet #!/usr/bin/sh set -x if then goto RegularBuild; CURDIR="$1"; cd "$CURDIR"; :RegularBuild echo "Checking for existing fip_help.properties in def/properties directory..." if then rm -f fip_help.properties; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srisreeku
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

'end of file' unexpected

HELP PLEASE!! I am running this script, and i keep getting the error 'end of file' unexpected. I know that usually means parenthesis or whatever is out of place but i cant find anything!! I am new to scripting and i put some "print" staements in and it is not getting past the first IF statment... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: weatherman0516
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file, why?

I am getting a "line 47: syntax error: unexpected end of file", why? According to my estimate, line 47 is 2 lines after the last line of code here. Also, the $1 variable represents the current user logging in, and the script runs with root privileges (This is a Mac OS login hook script using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unexpected end of file

Hi, On adding below code to my script shows the error on executing else script works fine. sqlplus $user_name/$password <<EOL truncate table order; commit; truncate table order_hist; commit; insert into order(ID,TRAN,CUST_NAME,OPT_VAL) select * from order_bkp; insert into... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF section problem. syntax error: unexpected end of file error

Hello, I have another problem with my script. Please accept my apologies, but I am really nooby in sh scripts. I am writing it for first time. My script: returned=`tail -50 SapLogs.log | grep -i "Error"` echo $returned if ; then echo "There is no errors in the logs" fi And after... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedzio
10 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 CATEGORY
Networking ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)