Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting invaluable resource for shell one liners and more Post 302392921 by figaro on Saturday 6th of February 2010 11:06:32 AM
Old 02-06-2010
Speaking of one liners, these are the sed one liners:
http://sed.sourceforge.net/sed1line.txt

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - one liners

Guys, I have a requirement like this. A file has >5K records always. Separated by "|", it has 30 fields for each line. In some lines, I am getting an odd field. say, the 15th field is supposed to be 2 characters but comes in as >2. In this case, for resolving this I need to copy the value of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Those simple one liners

I wanted to say LOL and punch my face when I saw post#11 (where Don_Cragun even reduced the string manipulation with a simple regex) in the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/220553-add-0-start-filename-2.html I mean, when things can be done with just a one liner, sometimes I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liners into a nice script

Hi All, I got some awk one liners, how can i split it all into a nice script? Got these: gzcat capgw0.log-201308161376632741.gz | sed -n '/2013-08-16 05:56:/,/2013-08-16 05:58:/p' > timebased.log awk -F":|," 'FNR==NR && /INFO - AId:/ {a=$0;next} END {for (i in a) print i "|" a}'... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: batka
8 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Recording / Monitoring Shell Script Resource Usage.

I need to record min and max resources for RAM, & CPU for each command's execution in a shell script. Maybe going in details I would also be interested to capture plots with resource usage i.e.start to end of individual command with respect to time in a shell script. Please share ideas. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

One liners, quick rant...

Hi fellas and fella-esses... There are numerous threads on here where people ask for, and often expect, solutions to difficult problems solved using _one_liners_. Why do they insist as such when it is virtually no different in execution time with well thought out indented code? Is it me... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
12 Replies
SYSSTAT(5)							Linux User's Manual							SYSSTAT(5)

NAME
sysstat - sysstat configuration file. DESCRIPTION
This file is read by sa1(8) and sa2(8) shell scripts from the sysstat's set of tools. It consists of a sequence of shell variable assign- ments used to configure sysstat logging. The variables and their meanings are: HISTORY The number of days during which a daily data file or a report should be kept. Data files or reports older than this number of days will be removed by the sa2(8) shell script. COMPRESSAFTER Number of days after which daily data files are to be compressed, either by gzip or bzip2. SADC_OPTIONS Options that should be passed to sadc(8). With these options (see sadc(8) manual page), you can select some additional data which are going to be saved in daily data files. These options are used only when a new data file is created. They will be ignored with an already existing one. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/sysstat AUTHOR
Sebastien Godard (sysstat <at> orange.fr) SEE ALSO
sadc(8), sa1(8), sa2(8) http://pagesperso-orange.fr/sebastien.godard/ Linux SEPTEMBER 2010 SYSSTAT(5)