Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: OpenSolaris vs Solaris
Operating Systems Solaris OpenSolaris vs Solaris Post 302392912 by sudhiroracle on Saturday 6th of February 2010 09:30:01 AM
Old 02-06-2010
OpenSolaris vs Solaris

What is the difference between OpenSolaris and Solaris ? Can we get the same full functionality as Solaris on SPARC in OpenSolaris ?

thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Making a new OS based on Solaris / OpenSolaris

Hi I'm planning on making a OS based on the Solaris kernel. And I would like to know what you think about this idea or want to contribute. I'm planning on modifying the current Solaris kernel and adding more drivers to it and making it work better on x86. This project will be completely open... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dinolinux
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Queries related to Solaris and opensolaris

1.Is Solaris open source or closed source? From my knowledge it is a mix of both, since it implements GNU applications like bash, grub, and GNOME, firefox, etc. Could someone please throw some more information on this .. 2.If opensolaris is a complete open source OS, does it not mean that it also... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
2 Replies

3. Solaris

OpenSolaris instead Sun Solaris

My dear friends is Sun microsystems normall corporation I can not set Croatian keyboard no CHANCE i tried every possible method and today I can not get my GUI login. But strange thing is that on openSolaris my keyboard layout work PERFECTLY like in linux but I do no want to go to OpenSolaris... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
36 Replies

4. Solaris

What is faster? Solaris 10 or OpenSolaris?

Title says it all. For a high performance fileserver, what's the faster solution? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
12 Replies

5. Solaris

OpenSolaris, Solaris, Solaris Express - differences

What are the differences between these systems? I have to use Oracle's product but I do not know who to choose (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PtaQ
3 Replies
ibcm(7D)							      Devices								  ibcm(7D)

NAME
ibcm - Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager DESCRIPTION
The Solaris InfiniBand Communication Manager (IBCM) is a Solaris kernel misc module that adheres to the InfiniBand Architecture Specifica- tion, Volume 1: Release 1.1 for InfiniBand Communication Management Class. IBCM provides a transport layer abstraction to IB clients to set up reliable connected channels along with service, multicast, and path lookup-related functionality. IBCM implements the CM protocol as per the InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 and utilizes the InfiniBand Management Framework module for all IB management-related functionality and the InfiniBand Transport Layer (see ibtl(7D)) for all IB Verbs-related functionality. FILES
/kernel/misc/ibcm 32-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/amd64/ibcm 64-bit x86 ELF kernel module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/ibcm 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel module ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE |ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | Consolidation Private | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWhea | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
attributes(5), ibtl(7D) InfiniBand Architecture Specification, Volume 1: Release 1.1 SunOS 5.10 2 Apr 2004 ibcm(7D)