Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers urgent help to convert xml to xsl or csv Post 302392899 by figaro on Saturday 6th of February 2010 06:43:19 AM
Old 02-06-2010
You may want to look into installing cpan first, and how you do this actually depends on your exact UNIX installation, and then install the perl module within that. From the root prompt on your server, invoke the CPAN shell:
Code:
# perl -MCPAN -e shell

Once the Perl interpreter has loaded (and been configured), you can install modules with: install MODULENAME.
Code:
cpan> install Spreadsheet::ParseExcel

or something like that. Check this first to find something which may be more suitable: The CPAN Search Site - search.cpan.org

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample Unix script file to convert .xml to .csv

Dear all, Can you send me a script file the changes .xml to .csv file. Thanks, Srinivasa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivasaphani
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to convert XML to CSV

Apologies if this has already been covered in this site somewhere, I did try looking but without any success. I am new to the whole XML thing, very late starter, and have a requirement to convert an XML fiule to a CSV fomat. I am crrently working on a Solaris OS. Does anyone have any suggestions,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rossingi_33
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV format

Can any one give the idea on this, please. I have the following XML file and wants to convert into CSV(comma separated value) format. <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?> <!DOCTYPE Waveset PUBLIC 'waveset.dtd' 'waveset.dtd'> <Waveset> <Object name='ra8736'> <Attribute name='ADDRESS'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar04
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk convert xml to csv

Hi, I have an xml file and I want to convert it with awk in to a csv file Test.xml <Worksheet ss:Name="Map1"> <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="2" ss:ExpandedRowCount="2" x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1" ss:DefaultColumnWidth="60"> <Row> <Cell><Data... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: research3
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert xml to csv

I need to convert below xml code to csv. I searched other posts as well but this post (_https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/174417-extract-parse-xml-data-statistic-value-csv.html) gives "sed command garbled" error. As of now I have written a long script to do it, but can it be done with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshydv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert huge .xml file in .csv with specific column.

I have huge xml file in server and i want to convert it to .csv with specific column ... i have search in blog but i didn't get any usefully command. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshkp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML file to CSV file

Hi Guys, I am new to Shell scripting and need to convert an XML files to a CSV file. My actual problem is that XML file loading is taking hours and I have decided to convert the XML structure to row based data in a CSV file. My XML file: Message846 can repeat within main loop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: qamar.shahbaz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert xml to csv ?

I am in need of converting billions of XML into csv file to load data to DB, i have found the below code in perl but not sure why it's not working properly. CODE: #!/usr/bin/perl # Script to illustrate how to parse a simple XML file # and pick out all the values for a specific element, in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rspwilliam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert CSV file to nested XML file using UNIX/PERL?

we have a CSV which i need to convert to XML using Perl or Unix shell scripting. I was able to build this XML in oracle database. However, SQL/XML query is running for long time. Hence, I'm considering to write a Perl or shell script to generate this XML file. Basically need to build this XML... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies
CPAN(1) 						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						   CPAN(1)

NAME
cpan - easily interact with CPAN from the command line SYNOPSIS
# with arguments and no switches, installs specified modules cpan module_name [ module_name ... ] # with switches, installs modules with extra behavior cpan [-cfimt] module_name [ module_name ... ] # without arguments, starts CPAN.pm shell cpan # without arguments, but some switches cpan [-ahrvACDLO] DESCRIPTION
This script provides a command interface (not a shell) to CPAN. At the moment it uses CPAN.pm to do the work, but it is not a one-shot com- mand runner for CPAN.pm. Meta Options These options are mutually exclusive, and the script processes them in this order: [hvCAar]. Once the script finds one, it ignores the others, and then exits after it finishes the task. The script ignores any other command line options. -a Creates the CPAN.pm autobundle with CPAN::Shell->autobundle. -A module [ module ... ] Shows the primary maintainers for the specified modules -C module [ module ... ] Show the "Changes" files for the specified modules -D module [ module ... ] Show the module details. This prints one line for each out-of-date module (meaning, modules locally installed but have newer versions on CPAN). Each line has three columns: module name, local version, and CPAN version. -L author [ author ... ] List the modules by the specified authors. -h Prints a help message. -O Show the out-of-date modules. -r Recompiles dynamically loaded modules with CPAN::Shell->recompile. -v Print the script version and CPAN.pm version. Module options These options are mutually exclusive, and the script processes them in alphabetical order. It only processes the first one it finds. c Runs a `make clean` in the specified module's directories. f Forces the specified action, when it normally would have failed. i Installed the specified modules. m Makes the specified modules. t Runs a `make test` on the specified modules. Examples # print a help message cpan -h # print the version numbers cpan -v # create an autobundle cpan -a # recompile modules cpan -r # install modules ( sole -i is optional ) cpan -i Netscape::Booksmarks Business::ISBN # force install modules ( must use -i ) cpan -fi CGI::Minimal URI TO DO
BUGS
* none noted SEE ALSO
Most behaviour, including environment variables and configuration, comes directly from CPAN.pm. SOURCE AVAILABILITY
This source is part of a SourceForge project which always has the latest sources in CVS, as well as all of the previous releases. http://sourceforge.net/projects/brian-d-foy/ If, for some reason, I disappear from the world, one of the other members of the project can shepherd this module appropriately. CREDITS
Japheth Cleaver added the bits to allow a forced install (-f). Jim Brandt suggest and provided the initial implementation for the up-to-date and Changes features. Adam Kennedy pointed out that exit() causes problems on Windows where this script ends up with a .bat extension AUTHOR
brian d foy, "<bdfoy@cpan.org>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2006, brian d foy, All Rights Reserved. You may redistribute this under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 CPAN(1)