Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Manipulating Data
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Manipulating Data Post 302392862 by otheus on Friday 5th of February 2010 10:49:23 PM
Old 02-05-2010
Tr is another

Code:
tr ':-' '  '

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating data in variable

Hi, I have two variables - A and B - containing a bunch of file paths. I am comparing them and when I find a match I want to remove that entry from A so that as the compare proceeds A shrinks entry by entry. How can I remove a matched entry from A whilst leaving the non matched entries... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajcannon
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help!! manipulating file

Hi all, I need help manipulating the file below. Here is what I needed to do. First, I have to replace INSUPD to DELETE. Then I need to change the content of the file around by flipping the contents in the file from the bottom to the top (start from "CMD") How should I attack this? Here... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirrtuan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Pick multi dimensional data with awk.

Hi. I am reasonably new to awk, but have done quite a lot of unix scripting in the past. I have resolved the issues below with unix scripting but it runs like a dog. Moved to awk for speed and functionality but running up a big learning curve in a hurry, so hope there is some help here. I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mike.strategis
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulating data

Hi guys Firstly, I'd like to say hi and how great this forum is. I'm not new to UNIX but am relatively new to scripting. I have a personal project that I'm working on just to try and speed up my learning. I working with a text file, well more of a logfile really. It has several columns of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abcd69
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating a file

Hi everybody, I need an urgent help with a BASH script. I have file which contains (besides the other data) the lines with the following structure identified by with keyword PCList: <PARAMETER NAME="PCList" TYPE="LIST_STRUCTURE" MODEL="{,}" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sameucho
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading from two files and manipulating the data

hi i have a file of the following format FILE1 5 937 8 1860 1850 1 683 2 1 129 2 2 5 938 8 1122 1123 1 20 520 4 1860 1851 1 5 939 8 1122 1124 1 20 521 4i have another file which... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavkorde
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Filenames

Hi Folks, I'm looking for some ideas on how to change some file names. I'm pretty sure I need to use sed or awk but they still escape me. The files I have are like: VOD0615 NEW Blades R77307.pdf or VOD0615_NEW_Blades_R77307.pdf and what I want after processing is: R77307 NEW Blades.pdf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imonkey
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating xml data with awk

Hi everyone, I have a little bit of complicated task to finish with AWK. Here it is; I have a data file in xml format which looks like this <data> a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 e1 e2 e3 e4 e5 </data> lets say each data block contains 5 rows and 5 columns,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data manipulating script. Please HELP!

Dear friends, I'm struggling to preparing a bunch of gromacs input files, say manually. It's really a time-consuming work without any techniques. I suppose that it could be done by a smart script automatically. But I lack some basic knowledge on scripting. Please help! My original input looks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating Data Records for reporting

Hello All, I have Data Records (DRs) with the following format: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies
doc::lua-oocairo-scaledfont(3)				       Lua OO Cairo binding				    doc::lua-oocairo-scaledfont(3)

Name
       lua-oocairo-scaledfont - Scaled font face object

Introduction
       Scaled font objects represent Cairo font faces which have been scaled to a particular point size.  They can be created from a font face
       object with the "scaled_font_create" function in the main module table (see lua-oocairo(3)), or the "get_scaled_font" method on context
       objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

Scaled font objects can be compared with the "==" operator.  This will compare the identity of the objects, so different Lua objects which
       refer to the same "cairo_font_face_t" will compare as equal.

Methods
       Scaled font objects provide the following methods.

font:extents ()
	   Returns a table containing metrics information about the font.  The return value is in the same format as that of the "font_extents"
	   method on context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

font:get_ctm ()
	   Returns the coordinate transformation matrix (CTM) associated with the font.  This maps user coordinates into device coordinates on the
	   surface with which the font is used.  See lua-oocairo-matrix(3) for details of the return value type.

font:get_font_face ()
	   Returns an object representing the unscaled font face used to create this font.  See lua-oocairo-fontface(3) for details of its
	   methods.

font:get_font_matrix ()
	   Returns the matrix representing the scaling of the font into user coordinates.  See lua-oocairo-matrix(3) for details of the return
	   value type.

cr:get_font_options ()
	   Returns a font options object (see lua-oocairo-fontopt(3)) containing the rendering options that were supplied when creating this font.

font:get_scale_matrix ()
	   Returns a matrix table representing the scaling of the font to the coordinate space of the surface it is used on.  This is the matrix
	   obtained by multiplying the font matrix by the surface CTM.	See lua-oocairo-matrix(3) for details of the return value type.  Only
	   available with Cairo 1.8 or better.

font:get_type ()
	   Returns a string indicating which back-end library provides the font face information.  The return value will be one of the same
	   strings returned by the "get_type" method on a font face object (see lua-oocairo-fontface(3)).

font:glyph_extents (glyphs)
	   Same as "font:text_extents()", but instead of a string, the glyphs value should be table in the format accepted by the "show_glyphs()"
	   method on context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

font:text_extents (text)
	   Returns a table containing measurements of the given UTF-8 text as it would be rendered in this font.  The return value is in the same
	   format as that of the "text_extents" method on context objects (see lua-oocairo-context(3)).

font:text_to_glyphs (x, y, text)
	   Given some UTF-8 text in the string text, and starting coordinates of x and y, this works out which glyphs need to be drawn to
	   represent the text, and which glyphs correspond to the bytes in text.  The method returns two tables, the first an array of glyphs
	   suitable for supplying to methods like "show_glyphs" and "glyph_extents", and the second is a table of text clusters suitable for
	   supplying to the "show_text_glyphs" method on a context object.

Only available with Cairo 1.8 or better.

1.4								    2011-05-18					    doc::lua-oocairo-scaledfont(3)