Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers AWK: Backslash \ and forcing output not to go onto new lines Post 302392818 by anbu23 on Friday 5th of February 2010 02:18:55 PM
Old 02-05-2010
Code:
 function labeling(startlabel_is_n_word) { # This function aims to extract the label of nodes/edges from the .dot file.
        sub("\",", " ", $startlabel_is_n_word);
        printf "%s",substr($startlabel_is_n_word, 9) #this prints the string starting with '[label="ActualLabel' as 'ActualLabel'.
        labelword=startlabel_is_n_word+1;
        if($labelword~/\"/) {} else {
        do
        {    
            labelword_cleaned = $labelword;
            sub("\",", " ", labelword_cleaned);
            sub("\\\\n", "\n", labelword_cleaned);
            printf "%s",labelword_cleaned 
            if($labelword~/\"/) { 
            # This bit of code brings us out of here if we encounter an '"'.
            break}
            ++labelword;
        } while(labelword<80);
        }
        printf "\n"
    };

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed and awk backslash characters

Hi, I have a variable read from user input: PROFILESROOTDIR="\\194.185.82.188\CMSRepository\EncodingProfiles" awk -F"=" -v gr=$PROFILESROOTDIR '/ProfilesRootDirectoryFromXOEMachine/{$2=gr;}1' OFS="=" $CFGFILE > "${CFGFILE}_new" For this awk to work properly I need to replace in the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge lines in a file with Awk - incorrect output

Hi, I would like: FastEthernet0/0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored 0 output errors, 0 collisions, 0 interface resets Serial1/0:0 is up, line protocol is up 0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort 0... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mv652
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to extract some lines from output via AWK

Hello Friends, I have got, this output below and i want to extract the name of symlink which is highlighted in red and the path above it highlighted in blue. At the end i want to append path and symlink. /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre /var/tmp/asirohi/jdk/jre/.systemPrefs... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print duplicate only lines as normal output - Awk

input output a1 100 200 XYZ_X a1 98 188 ABC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file comparison, x lines after matching as output

Hello, I couldn't find anything on the Forum that would help me to solve this problem. Could any body help me process below data using awk? I have got two files: file1: Worker1: Thomas Position: Manager Department: Sales Salary: $5,000 Worker2: Jason Position: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerbee
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I get sed to include backslash and 'f' in the output

Both of these fail. One has two form feeds, the second form leaves all the backslashes. bold='\(code\|command\|var\|samp\|option\|strong\)' sed -e "s;@${bold}{"'\(*\)};\fB\2\fP;g' sed -e "s;@${bold}{"'\(*\)};\\fB\2\\fP;g' Obviously, I'm trying to change texi markup into man page markup, but it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkorb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to output lines less than number

I am trying to output all lines in a file where $7 is less than 30. The below code does create a result file, but with all lines in the original file. The original file is tab deliminated is that the problem? Thank you :). awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} $7 < 30 {print}' file.txt > result.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove lines from output in files using awk

I have two large files (~250GB) that I am trying to remove the where GT: 0/0 or 1/1 or 2/2 for both files. I was going to use a bash with the below awk, which I think will find each line but how do I remove that line is that condition is found? Thank you :). Input 20 60055 . A ... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add lines with symbol to output file

In the awk below which does execute I get output that is close, except for all the lines that start with a # are removed. Some lines have one others two or three and after the script adds the ID= to the fields below the pattern in the awk, I can not seem to add the # lines back to the output. ... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to retain header lines in output

The awk below executes and produces the current output, which is correct, except I can not seem to include the header lines # and ## in the output as well. I tried adding !/^#/ thinking that it would skip the lines with # and output them but the entire file prints as is. Thank you :). file ... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)