Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development Deleting databases in MYSQL problem asking... Post 302392604 by akshay61286 on Friday 5th of February 2010 01:37:43 AM
Old 02-05-2010
Hi
you may use the following in a script :-
Code:
mysql -u root -p<ur password> -e "drop database test"

cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while Deleting file

All, I am trying to delete a user created file from specified folder. This folder is using for my Team member (i.e, Public folder). For example, $ ls -l total 1336 -rw-rw-r-- 1 g_btha customer 2655 Dec 06 12:35 A_COL_1001 While deleting/moving this file I am getting the following... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvkuriseti
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql problem

No help guys??? :( Hi guys, i've got a question here... my intention is to write a script that would access a mysql db and extract some info and paste it into a file... so the first move would be, to access the mysql interface right? hence... #! /usr/bin/ksh echo "Job Begin: " `date` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 12yearold
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in deleting a file

Hello: I made this mistake on my tru64 machine, I renamed a file from: binary.errlog to binary.errlog(B3) now when im tryign to move or delete the file Im getting: # rm binary.errlog(B3) ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected 4# mv binary.errlog(B3) log ksh: syntax error: `(' unexpected ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem while deleting a file

Hi , In a particular path the below mentioned three files has been created. -rw-r--r-- 1 edwprod edw 0 Jun 5 00:06 -f%*lock.clock -rw-r--r-- 1 edwprod edw 151 Jun 5 00:06 -f.log -rw-r--r-- 1 edwprod edw 4 Jun 5 00:06 -f%conn_err.out ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupam_jash
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem with deleting a file

hi friends, i need to delete a file named "-vyxx-.0.sdct.txt" i'm unable to use "rm -vyxx-.0.sdct.txt" jus give me your suggesstions thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rprajendran
5 Replies

7. Web Development

deleting file created from mysql

Hi, I executed the query in mysql as "select * into outfile "/tmp/result.out" from table_x; which inturn wrote all the records in that table to file in /tmp directory.After this i tried to delete the file "/tmp/result.out", but can't able to do that. Is there any way to achieve... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with deleting

Hi, I have a folder A which contains files 1,2,3... I also have a file xyz under a diff folder B containg the entries 1,2,3... I am trying to compare and delete the nonexisting ones from xyz using the below code: QFILE=/B/xyz cd A ls -1 > /tmp/file1 for fname in `cat $QFILE` do if ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in deleting files

Hi Guys, In one of my folders i have 10000 log files starting with sqlfile..... Iam trying to delete the log files alone from the folder using for loop but i am getting an error ksh: /usr/bin/ls: 0403-027 The parameter list is too long. For loop i used for i in `ls sqlfile*`... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
4 Replies

10. Programming

MySQL Databases

Hello all again, How do you guys backup your MySQL databases? I have a few programs that have an default back up that make an .sql file which is great but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an auto-back-up feature so do I just download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)